Our bottom line is different.
There’s something special about working at ATB, and it’s been recognized on every top employer list that matters. Maybe it’s our exceptional culture where your total wellness is supported through market-leading benefits and you’re free to bring your whole self to work. Maybe it’s our commitment to a growth mindset and our unrelenting thirst for making it possible for fellow Albertans—even the ones who aren’t our clients.
Whatever it is, you won’t find a more genuine, driven and knowledgeable group of humans anywhere. We foster a culture of purpose, performance and possibilities. We engage with intense curiosity, and bring our whole selves to work, every day. We know it starts with people like you, so take a chance and start with us.
Department: CFO Portfolio
Job Number: REQ3989
System Title: Data Scientist 7
Apply by: 29 May
Leader: Director, Data Science, CFO Portfolio
As ATB’s next Data Scientist, you will develop and deploy ML/AI algorithms to build predictive models about ATB clients and optimize team or organizational decision making. You’ll spend lots of time hand-on-keyboard writing code, with the remaining time spent on researching analytics techniques and understanding business processes. Data Scientists (Data Scientist 7) at ATB are proactive, driven, adaptable problem solvers, who need to power through interesting challenge after interesting challenge to create value for our clients
- Responsible for utilizing a variety of data science techniques - time series modeling, unsupervised learning, supervised learning, and classic regressions to make predictions on financial and customer datasets
- Modifies and executes complex models continuously for improving performance
- Collects data and researches new methodologies that can be leveraged to create production-quality, machine learning powered products or services
- Creates detailed model documentations that meet the industry standard
- Provide support on customer profitability dataset or other data analysis tasks on an ad hoc basis
- Share knowledge with team members to encourage usage of data science
- 5 + years experience with data projects.
- Graduate degree or experience in data science, statistics, computer science or related field
- Knowledge in R, SAS, SQL, Python
- Knowledge in machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Nice to have experience in GCP, Finance/Accounting knowledge and work experience related to data Projects
- Written and verbal communication
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning Mindset
- Attention to detail
At ATB, we know that as you develop in your career, you gain many transferable skills. If you believe your experience and qualities are a match for this position, please consider applying.
Be great. Be you. Believe.
We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the diversity within our communities and creating an environment where every team member has what they need to reach their potential. We encourage candidates from all equity-seeking groups to apply.
What happens next?
Thank you for applying online. If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps. We might ask you to participate in a digital interview or phone interview. If you require any accommodations, please let us know.
All ATB Financial team members are required to disclose their vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment to help support client and team member safety.
Stay in touch!
ATB is excited to know you’re interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up to.