At VolkerWessels UK people come first. Joining us means joining one of the UK’s largest multidisciplinary engineering and construction contractors, delivering a vast breadth of innovative projects, and offering endless opportunities to grow. We’re recruiting for a Data Analyst for a 12-month maternity cover.
You’ll be the go-to person for HR data and people analytics to help support business initiatives, process improvements and, where necessary, present data and insights to HR representatives and senior leadership teams.
About the role
- Ensure the integrity of the HR data (HR, Payroll, Recruitment and L&D) and synchronisation across the various data points and sources, ensuring that all data sets are one version of truth.
- Build and maintain a schedule of HR reporting and help develop our analytics capability by ultimately building dashboards, which assists the business in understanding and enables us to be make data driven and insight led decisions.
- Ensure we deliver our reporting and analytics on HR administration, resourcing, talent, reward & benefit activities and employee engagement including development and reporting of KPIs
- Ensure that data is in a format that is easily interpreted by stakeholders and that the HR team has a good understanding of the relevant data and format
- Ensure that where appropriate that any data and reporting provides insight and identifies any assumptions and /or possible impacts by providing commentary and provides effective visualisation of data, always with the end user in mind.
Skills & experience
- Aptitude in data analysis, reporting and data visualisation.
- Exceptional skills in Excel and data manipulation.
- Experience of working with HR systems is desirable.
- Ability to prioritise and able to work to competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to turn data into intelligence, insights and analysis.
VolkerWessels UK is a leading multidisciplinary contractor that delivers innovative engineering solutions across the civil engineering and construction sectors including rail, highways, airport, marine, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure.
We believe in pushing boundaries in the pursuit of equality, diversity and inclusion. So, our teams can be comfortable that, whatever their background, VolkerWessels UK is a place where they can be themselves and thrive.