When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. Ancestry®, the global leader in family history, empowers journeys of personal discovery to enrich lives. With our unparalleled collection of more than 40 billion records, over 3 million subscribers and over 23 million people in our growing DNA network, customers can discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Over the past 40 years, we’ve built trusted relationships with millions of people who have chosen us as the platform for discovering, preserving and sharing the most important information about themselves and their families.
Together, we work every day to foster a work environment that's inclusive as well as diverse, and where our people can be themselves. Every idea and perspective is valued so that our products and services reflect the global and diverse clients we serve.
Ancestry encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? Join the curious.
Ancestry is seeking a talented and innovative Machine Learning Engineer, Intern with a background in ML engineering, data science, artificial intelligence application deployment or a related role. If you are known for your problem-solving skills and possess expertise in technologies such as Python, JSON, and Java, with a focus on writing clean code and enabling rapid development, this is an excellent opportunity for you to join our Machine Learning Engineering team.
As a Machine Learning Engineer Intern, you will play a critical role in collaborating with data scientists and development teams to deploy cutting-edge models as part of our production systems. Your proficiency in various technologies, including Python, JSON, Java, LLM’s, will be vital in designing and building production data pipelines for both external and internal customers.Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with data scientists and development teams to deploy models into our production systems. Use Python, JSON, and Java to design data architectures and interfaces that support our data-driven initiatives
- Develop new data pipeline jobs to retrieve, process, and validate training data, ensuring data accuracy and reliability
- Implement MLOps best practices throughout the system by creating tooling and automation to streamline model deployment and management processes
- Utilize your expertise in Infrastructure as Code (IAC) frameworks to create and maintain robust infrastructure for our services, promoting scalability and flexibility
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is required
- Relevant experience in ML engineering, data engineering, data science, or a related role
- Understanding and experience in MLOps principles and their application in real-world scenarios
- Expertise in technologies such as Python, PyTorch/TensorFlow/XGBoost/T-Rex, Java, and LLM’s
- Proficiency in cloud computing platforms, preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Demonstrated experience working on projects involving large-scale databases, complex business infrastructure, and cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with large scale data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark would be a plus
Your innovative mindset and ability to solve complex problems will be key in developing solutions that drive meaningful discoveries for our customers. If you are eager to work with cutting-edge technologies and have a passion for making a significant impact, we encourage you to apply and be part of Ancestry's mission to empower journeys of personal discovery to enrich lives.Internship Program Details
- Students must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. educational institution with a graduation date after August 2024.
- Summer 2024 program dates are May 13 – September 6 (Please note we will have three intern onboarding dates to choose from: May 13th, May 28th, and June 10th. Students may offboard every Friday, beginning August 9th. All internships must be wrapped up by September 6th).
- FULLY PAID temporary housing and travel to and from the internship are provided.
- All summer internships will be in Lehi, Utah. You will work a combined hybrid and office-based schedule that allows you to choose which days you come into the office and which days you work from temporary housing/home (Utah students).
- Interns have the opportunity to network and partner with other interns and industry-leading professionals.
- You will participate in engaging events, including executive speaker sessions, professional development, and our annual Intern Days to showcase your project and work.
- You will be required to work a full-time schedule (40 hours/week), Monday-Friday.
- Company-issued laptop and equipment will be provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Our interns enjoy mentorship and experience challenging work while receiving a great compensation package, temporary housing, and having fun, captivating experiences—we have it all!
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.