As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
Predicting the future is essential. Inventing it is powerful. We do both.
Digitalization is redefining Ericsson and our products. GAIA – Ericsson’s Global AI Accelerator, is central in this transition and wants you to be part of the change.
The digitalization is happening now, and data science/engineering is revolutionizing technical solutions. In GAIA, new Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) solutions are invented, and the best performing algorithms are developed. We have a central role and work towards strategic customers and together with many parts of Ericsson, such as Design Units, Customer units, Sales and Ericsson Research.
We are working with data pipelines and algorithms for all our products. In 5G networks, AI and ML are essential to deliver better performance than today and to utilize the potentials of edge compute. We are making our networks more resilient and adaptive through large and complex data. We are working with our internal efficiency for example through automated filter tuning in factories and network optimisation to ensure world leading performance in customer’s network.
Efficient data infrastructure is key to make it possible, which means there is a need for state-of-the-art data architectures and secure solutions over multiple data centers. Reinforcement learning, deep learning and more conventional learning techniques are in focus as well as re-designing of our company’s dataOps and assembling data sets that meet business requirements. Innovation and patents are key!
We are constantly improving our competence through the highly skilled data scientists and data engineers in GAIA together with radio experts throughout Ericsson. To be successful a mix of AI/ML and telecommunication product knowledge is key.
- MSc, or PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in telecommunication, data science and/or data engineering.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Telecommunication product knowledge, such as algorithm development, SW/HW architectural design, or equivalent.
- Machine Learning or optimization skills. Especially techniques such as Linear/Logistic Regression, Neural Networks, Hyperparameter optimization techniques etc.
- Experience building ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- AI/ML applications development skills through state-of-the-art frameworks such as Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn.
- Experience using software/tools: Docker containers, orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, NoSQL databases, big data processing tools such as Hadoop and Spark, data stream tools such as Spark-Streaming and Kafka, Data pipeline tools such as Airflow.
- Programming and scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, GO etc
- Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge
- Leadership interest and skills.
- Outgoing and easy to cooperate
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
If you have specific questions you are welcome to email Hiring Manager, Caroline Jacobson at email@example.com or recruiter Lisa Tsiaklides at firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection and interview process are ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. We encourage you to apply!
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Last day to apply: 31st of October 2021
Kindly note that we do not accept applications sent via e-mail.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || [[mfield2]]
Job details: Data Scientist (Techn) Job Stage 07