Are you curious about the whos, whats and whys in gaming? Do you feel like you are ready to lead a skilled team and use science in your decision-making? Then join us at Sharkmob! As Lead Data Scientist, you will help us gain valuable insight into our raw game and business data. Together, we want to improve our game and influence business decisions by making the most out of our data and championing the importance of data science within our studio.
We like to say that we are on an adventure here at Sharkmob, because it really does feel like that. We are building an organization that allows our crew to reach new heights in their careers, all while using the latest technologies.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure the adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data
- Manage a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, and data engineers
- Engage with business stakeholders to design and take charge of end-to-end solutions to empower data-driven decision-making
- Conceive, plan and prioritize data projects
- Visualize data and create reports
- Deploying and maintaining working machine learning models in production environments
- Experiment with new models and techniques and align data projects with organizational goals
- Championing Data Science within the studio
- External data team communication and collaboration
- Hands-on experience with development of custom data models and algorithms to address business challenges using SQL, Python, Jupyter, Matplotlib, and Tableau
- Proficient user of Hive/Spark framework and Docker.
- Proven work experience with ETL design, development, and automation (e.g., using Airflow)
- Strong analytic skills and data domain curiosity
- Top-notch communication skills. Ability to clearly formulate and articulate the problem at hand in a simple, actionable way (especially to stakeholders that are non-scientists)
- Self-motivated and proactive with critical thinking and the resourcefulness to drive projects to success
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- The ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- Being a passionate gamer
- A MSc or Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- A familiarity with JIRA, Confluence and Slack