About the job
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is a strategic growth area for Oracle. It is a comprehensive cloud service offering in the enterprise software industry, spanning Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS). OCI is currently building a future-ready Gen2 cloud Cloud AI Service for Natural Language Processing (NLP), Vision, Speech and Decision.
What OCI AI Cloud Services are: A set of services on public cloud, that are powered by ML and AI to meet the Enterprise modernisation needs, and that work out of the box. These services and models can be easily specialised for specific customer/domain by leveraging existing OCI services.
Key Points: Weâ€™re looking for a hands-on Principal Data Scientist to join OCI Language team to develop deep learning-based NLP solutions for OCI customers. You will partner with Product Management, Data Labelling and Engineering teams to drive experimentation, forward-looking insights, predictive modelling, AI and machine learning algorithms. You will build best-in-class NLP solutions at scale. The ideal candidate has extensive experience with natural language processing, deep learning, model serving, and a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges to contribute to the development of current and future Language service roadmaps.
What Youâ€™ll Do
- Design, implement and test the critical module/features of language service that are correct, highly available, scalable, and cost-effective.
- Proactively identify the technical issues/bugs and provide innovative solutions.
- Subject matter expert in machine learning/deep learning especially in natural language processing.
- Develop scalable auto-ML solutions that automate training and deployment of ML models.
- Brainstorm and Design various POCs using ML/DL/NLP solutions for new or existing enterprise problems.
- Own the quality of the product.
- Work with fellow data scientists/ML engineers to build ML models, effectively communicating your needs and understanding theirs and address external and internal customers use cases.
- Experiment with ML models in Python using machine learning libraries (Pytorch, Tensorflow), Big Data, Hadoop, HBase, Spark, etc
- Raise the bar of engineering productivity, operations.
- Leverage Oracle Cloud technology.
- Ph.D Or Masterâ€™s Or Bachelor's degree in computer science, Statistics or Mathematics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, speech recognition, natural language processing or related technical field.
- 7+ year for PhD, 10+ year for Masters or 12+ years of Experience designing, implementing and deploying machine learning models in production environments.
- Expert in current techniques and approaches in machine learning and statistical or mathematical models
- Expert in at least one serving architecture tensorflow/triton/Fast API
- Expert in at least one high level language such as Python/Java/C++
- Practical experience in ML algorithm design, model training and production deployment using microservices architecture
- Practical experience working in a cloud environment: Oracle Cloud (OCI), AWS, GCP, Azure, Heroku, Kubernetes or similar technology.
- Experience or willingness to learn and work in Agile and iterative development processes.
- Strong drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- You enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
- A PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent).
- Experienced in using data science methodologies to solve complex business problems (e.g. statistical analysis, research science, machine learning and deep learning techniques, data modeling, regression modeling, demand modeling, etc.), as well as key assumptions and parameters impacting performance.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritising needs, and delivering results for large, cross-functional projects with evolving requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical problems into requirements, and to communicate results and insights clearly to audiences of widely ranging technical depth.
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistical modeling, NLP, deep learning (statistical or algorithmic).
- Experienced in writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.
Our vision is to provide an immersive AI experience on Oracle Cloud. Aggressive as it might sound, our growth journey is fuelled by highly energetic, technology savvy engineers like YOU who are looking to grow with us to meet the demands of building a powerful next-generation AI services. Are you ready to do something big?
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse â€œbig dataâ€� sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Itâ€™s when everyoneâ€™s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whatâ€™s been done before. Thatâ€™s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.