Are you an experienced Data Engineer, preferably within Cloud? Do you enjoy driving
change? Are you passionate about delivering first class Customer experience?
Then you could be our next
SKF is becoming a data driven company, serving our suppliers, customers, and employees with a number of different self-services, like data products, advanced analytics and insights on demand.
Therefore, we develop a company wide Data Layer, enabling SKF to deliver data driven self-service throughout the entire value stream. This Data Layer is built on cloud native technologies, state of the art cloud-based data warehouse like Snowflake and analytical pipelines like AWS SageMaker.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Data engineer to drive and develop Data Platform capabilities, providing well architected data models as self-service Data Products to our business and customers.
You should have deep competence in designing and developing state of the art “Agile Data Warehouse” architecture using dimensional data modelling. Additionally, a high interest in learning and understanding the different business processes in the company in order to identify and provide the right data for subsequent analytics. Provide enterprise data in a data format suitable for Data Scientists and BI Analysts to enable them to do exploratory data analysis, predictive modeling and help to deploy Data Science models using cloud technologies like AWS SageMaker.
You are working in an agile team and in close collaboration with other agile teams in the Data Factory. This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting journey to design SKFs global Data Layer which is continuously developing to serve our internal and external customers.
Your day-to-day work
- Working as a Data Engineer in an Agile DevOps team to continuously deliver value to our customers
- Delivering designing and delivering state of the art data models to enable data science and business intelligence
- Contribute to design a modern Data Layer architecture complying with SKF security and architecture guidelines
- Actively contribute to the success of the agile team
- Estimate, plan and manage actual work, based on the prioritized backlog, including
o Data model design
o Develop automated data QA in data models
- Participate in Scrum activities
- Collaborate with other agile teams to ensure alignment and competence sharing
- Level 3 support for incidents to ensure high quality delivery to end users
We expect you to have
- University degree in computer science or equivalent education
- Senior experience (8+ years) as a Data Engineer
- Experience in cloud data warehouse technologies, preferable Snowflake
- Experience in advanced analytical tools, preferable AWS Sagemaker
- Experience in data warehouse automation, DevOps/DataOps and CI/CD tools, such as DBT, DataKitchen, etc.
- Experience in Kimball style dimensional modelling (preferably also Data Vault)
- Experience in agile data warehousing methodologies
- Experience in data information security
- Experience in software development, e.g. Java, Python
- Relevant experience in Scrum and Agile
- Team player and ability to work in an international environment
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
You will enjoy working here if you…
…are driven and passionate about working in an agile organization on the forefront of modern cloud-based technologies. We think you are passionate in delivering world-class service to internal and external customers and that you are a team-player and highly self-motivated.
- A job in an international environment
- You will be a part of a diverse workforce where you get to face exciting challenges and varied tasks
- Great opportunities to independently drive change and constant improvements in an agile environment
SKF IT is a global organization which gives great opportunities to network and collaborate with colleagues and vendors all over the world.
Additional information for youLocation:
Information and questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Patrik Schultzén, Recruitment Expert at SKF EMEA, +46 31 337 12 70
Unionen – Jonny Hilbert +46 31 3372155
Akademikerföreningen - Anders Kempe +46 31 3373395
Ledarna – Angelica Lindström +46 31 3371842
Are you interested?
…and meet the above requirements, please submit your application with resume in English no later than 23rd of September.
SKF IT provides strategic IT support to the SKF organization by developing sound strategies and managing selected service providers. We have presence in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Öppen för alla
Vi fokuserar på din kompetens, inte dina övriga förutsättningar. Vi är öppna för att anpassa rollen eller arbetsplatsen efter dina behov.