Department: Operations Location: Remote - United States , Canada
As Senior Data Analyst, you will lead the charge in designing, building, and optimizing the company’s data models using LookML in Looker.
The right candidate has a passion for, and deep understanding of, data and analytics and can easily translate business user requests to the technical requirements they’ll need to then build a data model. They can then analyze the data to answer key business questions and provide actionable recommendations.
In addition to the technical chops, the right candidate is comfortable working cross-functionally and has strong communication skills with the ability to explain more complicated concepts to non-technical users. They are someone with opinions, and the ability to express them. Someone who aspires to use their strong strategic and analytical skills to help change people’s lives through travel.
- Work cross-functionally to translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required data model and/or dashboard
- Design, build, and document data models, coded using LookML within Looker BI software, for enterprise-wide reporting
- Create intuitive and insightful dashboards in Looker for official company reporting
- Lead in-depth ad hoc analysis with the ability to parse out insights and deliver recommendations
- Respond to ad-hoc questions and help teach business users how to find answers
- Liaise with the Technology department with regards to new data sources, data warehousing transformation, data discrepancies, etc.
- Design & develop automated processes for recurring tasks
- Proactively identify improvements and new innovative ways to get the job done
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent training and experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a data analytics or engineering related role
- Advanced SQL knowledge required, preference given to those with LookML experience
- An expert with Business Intelligence tools (Looker preferred)
- Strong documentation skills; experience with GitHub an asset
- Experience with ETL (Fivetran) and data warehouses (Redshift) an asset
- Experience writing Python an asset
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce) or digital analytics tools (Google, Facebook, Marketo, Heap) an asset
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills when dealing with issues that are not readily defined
- A problem solver, a quick learner and a self-starter with curiosity
Either Toronto, Ontario, or remote North America