Who we are
Panaseer is a unique business that is changing the face of enterprise security
We are a start-up at the intersection of data science and big data technology in the rapidly growing cybersecurity sector. We have raised over $15million in funding and have won numerous awards - most recently being named winner of Best Continuous Controls Monitoring Solution (CCM) in the Cyber Defense Magazine Awards at RSA Conference 2020. We were also named the Hottest CyberTech Startup at TechCrunch's Europas Awards.
Our platform takes data from security, IT and business solutions, identifies gaps and builds trusted asset inventories. This crucial information supports our customers by automating their security controls monitoring, which in turn helps Security, IT and Risk teams collaborate to make informed, risk-based security decisions, substantiate regulatory compliance and most importantly answer the critical questions they face around their security and prioritisation.
We have multiple strategic partnerships with leading technology vendors such as Cisco, Amazon Web Services and RSA which strengthens our platform.
About the role
You’ll be digging into the data from security and IT tooling and transforming it into security metrics which we can add to the Panaseer metrics catalogue and ship to our customers. These metrics provide essential insight to the Security and Risk teams that use our platform and help directly in securing their organisations. To get a feel for the types of metrics we provide and the impact they have, take a look at our Metric of the Month blog series.
In your first 3-6 months…
- You’ll work closely with the Senior and Lead data scientist who will show you the ropes, help you familiarise yourself with the Panaseer platform, our metrics and how we create them. They will help define and guide you through appropriate projects to get you up and running quickly.
- You’ll work alongside our Engineering team to learn software development best practices and take part in Sprints (if you don’t know much about what this means right now, don’t worry!).
- You’ll conduct supported, but self-driven, learning around cyber security where it’s relevant to the task in hand, including interacting with the wider Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams who will be able to provide you with useful insights.
- You’ll be invited to attend meetings with customers so you can hear from them directly and capture information about how they use security metrics and what they need.
- You’ll be building new, production-quality security metrics which will be shipped to our customers.
- You have experience of analysing data using a coding or query language, visualising and presenting your results, which has given you foundational knowledge of data analysis best practice. This may be in the form of previous work experience, qualifications, an internship, bootcamp, personal projects or anything else you can tell us about - we value your skills, not how you obtained them.
- You have a strong sense of curiosity and attention to detail when it comes to data analysis. You can figure out what measurement you need to make to answer a question, plan your analysis and explain your approach.
- You can work to deadlines and are proactive about communicating unexpected delays or challenges. You won’t let yourself stay silently stuck on a problem - you know when to dig into the details and try to figure things out for yourself and when to reach out to a senior team member for guidance (we are here to help!).
- You do not need to have any previous knowledge of cyber security or formal software engineering experience, but you have the desire and capacity to learn quickly. You know how to ask for help effectively, make use of the resources available to you and take responsibility for closing gaps in your knowledge in a supportive environment. You can take feedback onboard and strive to put it into practice.
At Panaseer, we strive to enable the best environment and atmosphere:
- An annual allowance of 25 days per year
- Competitive salaries including equity options
- Company pension scheme
- BUPA Health Insurance for you and your family
- £500 Amazon voucher for workspace set up
- We are currently offering a productivity allowance to support remote working (£100 per month tax free)
- Access to benefits market and employee discounts (Bike to Work Scheme, Co-located workspace passes)
- Wide range of health and well-being activities, speakers and events and coaching support
Panaseer is an equal employer, committed to encouraging diversity and eliminating discrimination in both its role as an employer and as a provider of services. Our aim is that our staff are truly representative of all sections of society and work in an environment where everyone is respected and able to perform to the best of their ability. Our policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and in our provision of services and not to discriminate, or favour, on the grounds of race, colour, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, nationality or national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, neurodiversity, marital status, parental status, disability, medical condition, physical appearance or socio-economic status.
Accessibility - If you require assistance in applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK if their application is successful?