What is the opportunity?
The Data engineering team in I&TS will play a critical role to help with our transformation strategy. The team will centralize heterogeneous data sources, builds automated data pipelines, develop custom APIs and assist with building the analytical models. We are looking for an experienced data engineer who is quick to adapt to next generation technologies and enthusiastic about analyzing and automating data and building solid products and solutions.
What will you do?
As part of the I&TS Data Engineering/Governance team you will support the implementation of the Data Governance strategy across multiple data sources across various geographies. This role will encompass an end to end view from data sourcing, lineage, quality, transformation and storage while, analytics and reporting.
- Work in an Agile team of Data Engineers, Scientists, Developers and RBC business stakeholders.
- Build container based solutions, APIs/Microservices and analytics portal for heterogeneous data sources on internal data lakes or cloud platforms
- Collaborate with Data scientists, Process Engineers and Business Stakeholders to develop data pipelines, and assist with prescriptive and predictive analytics through consolidated data
- Work with platform and infrastructure groups to configure and stand-up required hardware and software stacks.
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in following key technologies:
- Data engineering solutions: Elasticsearch, Logstash, filebeats, Kafka, Python, Hadoop, Spark, SQLServer, mySQL, MongoDB
- API: Node.JS, Django, and Microservices technologies
- Security frameworks: LDAP, Kerberos, OAuth 2.0, Vault integration
- Portal/analytics solutions: Angular, Kibana
- Automation/DevOps: Jenkins, Selenium and similar technologies
- Cloud technologies: Openshift, PCF, AWS, Azure
- Source code control: GIT
- Extensive experience working in agile/SaFe environment
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Comfortable applying engineering best practices for Test Driven Development, integration testing, version control, Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
Nice to Have
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud deployment.
- Experience with Supervised and Unsupervised Machine learning.
- Experience in the financial industry, especially trading related businesses.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Address: 155 Wellington St W
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Position Level: PL07
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 07/31/2020
Req ID: 253516