Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry , committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva OpenData supports the industry by providing real-time reference data across the complete healthcare ecosystem, to support commercial sales execution, compliance, and business analytics. We drive value to our customers through constant innovation, using cloud-based solutions and state-of-the-art technologies to deliver product excellence and customer success.
As a Data Engineer in Opendata, you will take responsibility for the OpenData processing workflows in North America. You will be building and maintaining data processing pipelines and reports, ensuring data quality in our reference data. We value end-to-end ownership, which gives you the freedom to determine the correct course of action, do all due diligence, and execute solutions in your own creative way.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain data processing pipelines using state-of-the-art technologies
- Work with Python and SQL on Spark-based data pipelines
- Build analytical data structures to support reporting
- Build and maintain Data Quality processes
- Collaborate with Product and Data Operations teams to adapt our reference data to changing demands in the market
- 3+ years of experience developing data pipelines using cloud-managed Spark clusters (e.g. AWS EMR, Databricks)
- Fluent in Python programming language and PySpark (3+ years of experience)
- Proficient with SQL/SparkSQL
- Hands-on experience working with a Data Lakehouse
- Good verbal and written communication and proven experience of working and delivering in an Agile environment
Nice to Have
Perks & Benefits
- Experience running data workflows through the DevOps pipeline
- Develop data pipelines with orchestration tools (e.g. Airflow)
- Experience with AWS services for data processing like EMR, MWAA, etc.
- Previous experience in the Life Sciences sector
- Benefits package including Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), family health insurance, and contributions to private pension plans
- Annual allocations for continuous learning, development, and charitable contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Work from anywhere
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com .