The Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) is one of five Swiss university hospitals. Through its collaboration with the Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne and the EPFL, CHUV plays a leading role in the areas of medical care, medical research and training.
The mission of the Biomedical Data Science Center is to develop and apply (in collaboration with researchers and clinicians) computer and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of genomic, clinical and experimental data (single-cell RNAseq, spatial transcriptomics, CyTOF, etc) in order to accelerate medical discoveries that will help us treat our patients better. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic and growing team. You will also have the opportunity to support major national and international scientific collaborations relating to important medical problems (cancer, COVID, HIV, etc.).
- You will delve into applied problems in translational immunology from a data analysis, as well as methods development, perspective
- You will collaborate with basic scientists and clinicians to take advantage of large datasets generated by novel experimental technologies to accelerate translational discoveries across the CHUV community
- You will work on developing consistent and highly optimized workflows across projects to enable cross-data set and multi-modal analyses
- You will integrate a growing team of computational scientists including postdocs/students, data scientists and programmers
Master of Science degree required, PhD preferred.
You have extensive experience (minimum 2+ years) working with large biological datasets, such as single-cell and spatial immune technologies (single-cell RNAseq, CyTOF, VISIUM)
An experience with data management, multi-modal datasets, and machine learning/statistics is a plus, along with an interest in working collaboratively, teaching and learning from both data scientists and wet-lab biologists
Fluent in R and/or Python. Knowledge of Unix/Linux and high performance computing
Fluent in English, knowledge of French would be a plus
Good communication skills
The Lausanne University Hospital is located in the vibrant city of Lausanne, one of the most cultural and economic dynamic cities in Switzerland. Our new center is part of the main Hospital campus, and benefits from direct interactions with scientists and clinicians located here (including at the new AGORA cancer cluster). We are also two metro stations from the Biopole life sciences campus that hosts a large number of research groups and life sciences companies. You will work in a fantastic environment where fundamental and clinical research meet to accelerate new breakthroughs that will ultimately transform patient care. Our organization aims to make the world a better place, and we strongly believe in healthy work-life balance. As a group, we value inclusion and a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to inform our work. We believe in supporting each other through mentorship and providing resources for professional development.
Furthermore, to become an employee of The Lausanne University Hospital means benefiting from:
- First degree social benefits and 20-days paternity leave
- Regular salary progression adapted to responsibilities
- 13th salary guaranteed and 25 days of vacation per year
- A right to a minimum of three days of training per year, with access to a wide offer within the CHUV Training Center and through external partners of the State of Vaud
- Possibility to access one of the 500 furnished apartments offered in the surrounding neighborhoods in case of relocation
- Social, cultural and economic benefits offered to members of the H-Oxygène association
- Benefits offered as part of the Mobility Plan (discounts on public transport subscriptions, promotion of “Mobility” vehicles and discounts on the purchase of electric bicycles)
- Corporate restaurants of hotel quality, in the hospital buildings, with preferential rates.
Contact et envoi de candidature
Contact for information on the function : Dr. Raphael Gottardo, Direction générale au 021 314 10 36
As our applications are processed electronically, would you please apply exclusively by internet, with the « POSTULER » button, at the bottom of the ad. If for any technical reason, you are not able to do it, we invite you to contact our recruitment team, which will assist you (contact : 021.314.85.70).
The CHUV applies the highest quality requirements as part of its recruitment process. In addition, mindful to promote the diversity of our employees we are attentive to the different life courses and strive to ensure equal treatment and avoid any discrimination. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
We thank in advance the employment agencies to take note that applications inserted by them directly on our recruitment platform are not accepted and cannot be billed. Thank you for your understanding.