If you are a Data Scientist with experience, we are looking for you to join our Data & Computer Vision team to analyze, process, and model data to answer exciting new questions for Spacee and our customers. The ideal candidate is adept at using a variety of data methods, data tools & programming languages, building & implementing models, using/creating algorithms, and displaying results in a visually explainable and informative manner. If you are humble, confident, transparent, and have a knack for developing and iterating Data Science solutions, then we’d like to meet you.
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
Spacee is a data company that does groundbreaking work in the Computer Vision, Augmented Reality, and Inventory Management industries. Our Data & Computer Vision group develops outputs that get shared directly with our customers! Our Data Science group is developing; so, there is a lot of opportunities for you to make a high impact.
What you will be doing:
- You will work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- You will mine and analyze data from company sources, manipulate data sets, develop custom data models and algorithms, and work with our Data & Computer Vision team to promote these solutions.
- You will use data summarization and visualization techniques to display results as well as appropriate KPI metrics as needed.
- Take lead on any initial data investigation and exploratory data analysis.
- Develop processes for manipulating data, modeling data, and optimizing data to draw conclusions.
- Measure and test your results to gain feedback, gain insight, and make improvements.
- You are self-motivated with strong project management and organizational skills. You can’t just execute on work planned by others. Your expertise means we want you to identify the work that needs to be done and to propose it clearly and convincingly.
- You have solid written communication skills and an interest in writing clear documentation.
- You have strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- You enjoy learning, researching, mastering, and implementing innovative approaches and technologies. But you temper your enthusiasm with a clear-eyed evaluation of opportunity costs and the value of implementation relative to the implementation cost.
- You enjoy using your creativity to frame problems in different angles and discover how things can be operated differently to generate new insights.
- You gain satisfaction from helping other people and enjoy open-minded collaboration with various stakeholders and team members to explore new solutions.
- Fluent in Python or R.
- Strong analytical skills related to drawing insights from various data sets.
- 2+ years of experience in a Data Science role, or equivalent.
- You’ve transformed, mitigated missingness, identified problems with, and characterized the real interpretations of data from imperfect production data systems.
- You’ve used programming languages to manipulate, visualize, and analyze data to produce actionable insights.
- You’ve built models and interpret results from a variety of statistical/machine learning/data science techniques. You can choose between different models to address a problem and can explain the real-world tradeoffs involved in selecting between them.
At least two of:
- Comfort with various data definition and manipulation languages, particularly SQL.
- Comfort with acquiring data from data lakes, data warehouses, databases, and streaming sources.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools.
- Experience with deep learning models.
- Familiar with testing and packaging Python or R
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with Cloud services; we use Azure.
- Experience using APIs to retrieve or pass data.
What's In It for You:
- Opportunities for learning and career development
So, if you are interested in a Data Scientist position at Spacee, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Spacee, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are not accepting resumes from agencies. No fees will be earned unless authorized for this specific search.