Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Is that one product you really need for the dinner you’re making out of stock? So annoying! Come help solve this challenging problem using data science.
As a Senior Data Scientist (Forecasting), you will work on the replenishment forecast for Albert Heijn. This forecast predicts customer demand and ensures we have sufficient item availability without waste. The project is still young and there are big gains to be made from improvements to our forecasting models. Do you already have 10 approaches in mind to improve our forecast during the holiday season, for new stores, for slow-moving items or during extreme weather? Are you up for a challenge with serious scale, making daily predictions for more than 20,000 articles over more than 1000 stores? Then we're looking for you!
You will become part of the Operations Data Science team, one of the 3 Data Science teams within our Strategy & Analytics department. Within this team, you will work together with other data scientists, machine learning engineers and analysts.
While you will hone your craft on impactful projects day-to-day, you will also have the opportunity to shape our way of working within the team, coach and mentor more junior team members, and facilitate knowledge sharing across the organization. Our 3 Data Science teams are made up of +/- 20 data scientists that are continuously stimulated and challenged while working with the wealth of data at Albert Heijn. Your teammates have different backgrounds and nationalities, which we believe is an important asset. We are passionate, enthusiastic, and we don’t mind getting our hands dirty, but most importantly: we will never stop evolving and learning.
As Senior Data Scientist (Operations) at AH Technology you:
- Take a leading role in tackling business problems in the forecasting domain with a data-driven focus
- Solve problems holistically through analysis, modelling and experimentation
- Code, test and put algorithms into production
- Convey complex ideas to different audiences in an effective manner
- Use your experience and knowledge to mature our Data Science team and perfect our agile way of working
- Coach and mentor your colleagues
- Help shape thought leadership throughout Albert Heijn on AI/ML opportunities
- Work in multidisciplinary product teams and closely to our business stakeholders
Dit bieden we jou
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you will be part of AH Technology, a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech. You can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. At AH Technology, our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, tech and digital to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food Tech company.
Are you curious about your colleagues?
At AH Technology you work with highly qualified professionals in an open environment. Expertise is valued, we learn from each other, and we have the freedom to create innovative solutions and make a real impact. As a Senior Data Scientist, you are part of the Strategy & Analytics department. Your colleagues will be other engineers and scientists, with a background in AI, Computer Engineering, Econometrics, Psychology, as well as other data-savvy people. Together with them, you play an essential role in creating impact through advanced data analysis. Next to this, other Albert Heijn departments, our shops, supply chain, and real estate play a key role as your stakeholders.
For more information about AH Technology you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
What we offer you:
At AH Technology, we aim to grow, and that’s only possible if you grow with us. That’s why you get access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career. As we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A salary up to € 80.000,-. gross a year + 8% holiday allowance
- A bonus on top of your salary
- 20 vacation days
- A budget choice in which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days off (+12,5 days), discounts or pay-outs
- Courses from our Albert Heijn Data Academy
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam, once possible again
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies
- A laptop and telephone
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year
This is what you bring to the table
At AH Technology, you'll be working for one of the world's biggest retailers, and we know you are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with:
- A Master in Data Science, Econometrics, Computer Science or other relevant studies. If no relevant study, demonstrably relevant experience and interest
- At least 5 years of experience as Data Scientist, preferably within an eCommerce environment
- A desire to coach and mentor your colleagues
- The ability to explain complex matter in an effective way to varied audiences
- Advanced experience in Python and Spark
- Experience in Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Azure Databricks and visualization tools are a big plus
- You are based in The Netherlands
Dit breng je mee
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop onboard and join us on our expedition. Apply now via the button on this page.
Would you like more information? Get in touch with Erwin Schuur – Talent Acquisition Partner (Data Science & Analytics): firstname.lastname@example.org