Job Number: R0175712
Data Scientist, LeadThe Opportunity:
Are you a seasoned analytics professional who wants to be at the cutting edge of data science and artificial intelligence? If you care about leading a mission forward as much as advancing the field of data science, this is the opportunity for you. Your deep data science and machine learning expertise, coupled with an original approach to your work, will guide clients and stakeholders as they make sense of their data and encourage actionable results. We’re looking for someone like you to lead complex data exploration and analytics projects through your experience with the full life cycle of machine learning development and deployment for fraud, waste and abuse, identity theft, risk, and other rare event detection.
As an advanced data scientist and researcher on our team, you’ll introduce innovative data science and machine learning methodologies to make a real-world impact on fraud and risk detection. You’ll share your skills in predictive modeling and machine learning operationalization and shape the future of analytics through a variety of means like whitepapers and client presentations. We’ll keep you sharp and moving forward in your career, with access to online courses and the latest tools and methods. Whether you’re building models to detect identity theft or helping prevent improperly, you’ll lead a team that serves critical missions from end to end.
Join us. The world can’t wait.You Have:
Nice If You Have:
- 8+ years of experience with data science or program data analytics, including in a lead, project manager, or consultant role
- Experience providing technical direction and leadership to data science teams
- Experience with the full life cycle of machine learning development and deployment, including gathering requirements, identifying data, preparing data, and building, validating, and using deployable predictive models with the usage having tangible results
- Experience working with and presenting to non-technical clients
- Knowledge of the landscape of technology capabilities around data science or financial analytics
- Ability to work on business development capabilities independently, including proposal and whitepaper writing
- Ability to present to clients about firm's capabilities
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with business development, technical leadership, product management or product ownership, or client-facing project work
- Experience developing predictive models around fraud, risk, or rare events
- Experience with cloud AI environments, including Databricks, Azure ML, or AWS Sagemaker
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum processes
- Ability to come up with good solutions or plans to deal with client lack of data or technology
- Ability to create solutions without having specific business requirements
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll develop your community in no time.Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.Compensation
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.
Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $106,200.00 to $242,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.Work Model
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.