Get to know the team:
Have you ever wanted to build customer-facing products that rely extensively on data insights and models? Have you ever been keen on building a recommender model to customise your Grab app (or any other consumer app) experience? If you answered yes to either of these questions .. then look no further!
The Analytics team mission is to use data and experimentation to advance product innovation. We love building hacky products to test and iterate what’s best for our customers. As we ship multiple products every week, it means we have to fine-tune models, run and evaluate hundreds of experiments weekly! We are looking for junior and experienced data scientists to build a center of data excellence for Product & Experimentation in a diverse range of tech families. Your role is to guide a data-first approach to product thinking, design controlled experiments and be objective while evaluating results, all of this while working with stakeholders to evaluate new and innovative product and business ideas! You will help developers, designers & product managers across the company with recommendations on how to learn from unexpected results, study underlying causes for them and iterate on the next set of products to build for our users.
What Will You Do?
You will be working closely with various teams within a business line (Product, Business, Engineering, Design and Data Science) to understand data requirements, identify and track key metrics, and provide data-driven insights. You will also work with stakeholders to evaluate the feasibility of new business/product ideas and provide appropriate recommendations.
A Day In The Life
- Understand business objectives and deepdive into existing data to recommend new product ideas to solve for the most impactful customer problems (pssh .. some top-secret products await you!)
- Use data to identify trends, spot anomalies and deepdive into their root causes
- Use your number-crunching and slide-maker skills to use and present data beyond just numbers. Hone your data storytelling skills through visualisation techniques by building dashboards and presenting insights to a non-technical audience!
- Evaluate the feasibility of developing new products, participate in user researches to validate customer problems
- Align with stakeholders on key product metrics, design and propose experimentation strategies.
- Launch A/B tests, analyze experiment results and provide recommendations
- Design and own frontend and backend data specs for new products, while collaborating with engineering teams to ensure accurate and timely data collection
- Develop and maintain data pipelines to fulfill product reporting requirements
The Must Haves
- A curious and confident soul (with a dash of humour) who loves using data!
- For Data Scientists, some relevant experience and for Senior Data Scientists, 2-3+ years relevant industry experience (preferably in an Internet or ‘Direct to Consumer’ company with high velocity data and scaled controlled experiments). Prior experience with Product Management will be a definite plus.
- Strong statistical knowledge - ideally having utilized controlled experiments in the industry.
- You enjoy using SQL, Google Sheets, R, SQL and other scripting/programming languages to solve customer-problems. Experience in Spark (Scala / pySpark) would be a plus.
- Strong data visualization and storytelling skills. Experience in creating dashboards using Tableau and other visualisation tools.
- Self-Starter: Ability to work independently and drive own projects.
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions while maintaining attention to detail