JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago. We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Inside the firm we are an ever evolving landscape of data infrastructure and data technologies to mine diamonds out of our coal mines.
GTI Applied AI mission is to provide business value by solving complex, big scale and high impact problems. The team applies AI to solve open ended problems that align state of the art AI solutions with enterprise scale challenges. In doing so, the team build software systems, AI models, technological process and intelligent frameworks that minimize the technological risk, increase operational efficiency and increase the investment efficacy in general. In this particular instance, we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the team whose mission is to combine modern engineering practices, hybrid cloud architectures with technological business acumen to solve serve the technological portfolio of solutions.
We are searching for a data engineer who is very enthusiastic about data to focus on building structured high-quality data solutions which we use to evolve our products and data pipelines to bring experiences to our millions of global users across the firm. The ideal person gets excited to hear words like 'Yottabytes', 'Spark' and 'Parallel Processing' .
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building data pipelines, tools and frameworks that enable data scientists, software engineers, product managers and executives to deliver value through products that have AI and ML at its core. The role offers a high exposure to cutting edge technologies as hybrid cloud architectures, streaming methodologies and petabytes of data to process in time and manner.
What you'll do
What you know
- Build, design and architect new data related products and systems
- Work closely with top-level data scientists to implement and productize scalable data models
- Build large scale data processing systems
- Work with state-of-the-art data processing frameworks, technologies, and platforms
- Explore new ways of producing, processing, and analyzing data in order to gain insights into both our users and our product features.
- Improve data quality through testing, tooling and continuously evaluating performance
- Work in a collaborative and multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, data analysts, data scientists, and decision-makers, such as product owners and product managers to build solutions and gain novel insights
- Work closely with key stakeholders
- Act as the bridge between our backend and analysts by working on data cataloguing/management and build/maintain crucial data pipelines.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams with end-to-end responsibility for product development and delivery within your mission.
Nice to have
- BS or MS degree in STEM field or equivalent experience/knowledge
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, optimization) and Software Engineering (OOP, design, architecture, etc)
- Experience in software development using Java, Scala, Go or Python
- Solid knowledge of SQL, database design and query optimization
- Experience building ETL processes and APIs
- Extensive designing and developing software with a proven track record on SDLC work and best development practices
- Exceptional communication skills, customer focus and necessary expertise in formal and informal testing techniques as well as quality measurement
- Basic knowledge of statistics and Data Science process, tools and techniques
Who you are
- Continuous integration tools
- Experience in the development of micro-services and distributed systems
- Experience with container tools
- Unix/Linux and shell scripting experiences
What we offer
- You don't like leaving questions unanswered and you love exploring/understanding data.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation in coding and building data pipelines.
- You are a life time learner always looking to research, explore and develop new skills and knowledge.
- You love visualizing your data findings in a clear and easy to understand way, while capturing corner cases of implementations.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- You are interested in being the glue between engineering and analysis.
- You have passion for solving business problems using technology
- The opportunity of working on projects using cutting-edge technologies
- An start-up and scientific like environment
- Personal development trainings
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based annual bonus
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators.
We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you .J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.