Specific Skill Sets Requirements
- Will be a member of the Global Business Intelligence team in a role spanning both Data Science and Data Architect functions -- working with BI developers/business analysts as well as business teams to determine analysis opportunities using a variety of data types (structured, unstructured) and sources (internal enterprise Data Warehouse, public cloud and external SaaS).
- Partner and collaborate with other IST and business teams in strategic projects including Project ONE (replatform of applications to Salesforce.com) to innovate around analytics, identifying new sources of data, and overall project strategy support.
- Translating business needs into an efficient and effective analysis plan, performing and managing execution of analysis, and translating findings into insight in an effort to ensure adoption and business integration.
- Will apply data science techniques to explore data, develop analysis to support strategies that help lines of business.
- The ideal candidate will be curious to explore data, always asking why related to patterns identified.
- The candidate should have aptitude to quickly evaluate new technologies to help continue the evolution of the future cloud first data platform.
Specific Skill Sets Desired, But Not Necessarily Required
- 3+ years of hands-on experience performing advanced analytics across the following broad skillset
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and machine learning techniques such as K-means clustering, General Linear Model, Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau (Desktop/Prep/Server) and Salesforce.com CRM Analytics (formerly Einstein Analytics)
- Experience analyzing and integrating data from 3rd party systems, specifically Salesforce.com (Spanning most clouds including Marketing, Commerce, Service, Experience) and Google Analytics (GA4 and BigQuery)
- Experience with AWS analytics services and related technologies such as EMR, S3, Athena, Glue, Lambda, SQS, Redshift
- Experience in open source programming languages such as Python and Spark for large scale data analysis
- Experience contributing to cloud infrastructure automation builds using Terraform
- Experience deploying machine-learning techniques on an enterprise-scale, specifically using both Python and Salesforce.com Einstein Discovery
- Data wrangling proficiency in handling imperfections in data and combining across a variety of sources both global and hybrid in nature
- Strong experience with writing complex SQL queries
- Strong understanding of relational and dimensional data models
- Strong proven written and oral communication skills including the ability to convey complex issues to executive level leaders in a non-technical manner
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate data patterns to business processes
- Ability to move data around from a database or an API, through transformations, a model and into readable or visual form
- Ability to blend quantitative and analytical skills, problem solving and strategy consulting with a strong bias to action
- Team player with emphasis on knowledge sharing and demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
EDUCATION REQUIRED OR DESIRED
- Any other analytics related technology experience
- Experience in the Direct Selling industry
- Experience with other cloud analytics offerings such as Snowflake or Databricks
: Degree in Computer Science/MIS with Masters or equivalent in data science, math, economics, statistics or related fieldFOREIGN LANGUAGE(S) REQUIRED OR DESIRED:
Ability to speak a foreign language such as Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese or Russian may be helpful but not required.TRAVEL:
Possibly to international subsidiaries, but should not exceed 2 weeks per year.Company Overview
Looking for a career where you can make a difference?
At Mary Kay we are committed to enriching the lives of women and their families around the world, we offer careers with unlimited opportunities to do something beautiful every day. More than 5,000 employees work in locations around the world. They provide the products, marketing and other support to millions of Independent Beauty Consultants (IBCs) who work as independent contractors, selling our products directly to consumers in nearly 40 markets on five continents.
We are a company that believes in our people and cares for them with truly exceptional benefits. We offer:
- A comprehensive health plan which includes medical, dental, and vision with low premiums
- 401(k) plan
- A generous profit-sharing program
- Free access to on-site fitness center and on-site clinic