The mission of Housing & Development Board (HDB) is to provide affordable, quality housing and a great living environment where communities thrive. To achieve its mission, HDB aims to be data-driven to the core and adopt evidence-based decision making in developing better housing policies service, improving service delivery and optimising operations.
As a Systems Analyst, you will be involved in the project - Establishing Safe Environment for Data Exploration (InfoHighway and Sage). Your key responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain data architectures that meets the needs of HDB.
- Build and maintain platforms required for storage, extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Improve discoverability and distribution of analytical data to data analysts and data scientists.
- Implement best practices in data security throughout the lifecycle of analytical data.
- Strong background in Information Systems (IS), Computer Science or related field in a reputed institution.
- 3 years relevant experience in designing and maintaining data platforms such as data lakes, data warehouses and the associated data pipelines is preferred.
- Proficient in creating and maintaining complex data pipelines using tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Knowledge of data platforms such as Spark, Flink, Kafka, SQL and NoSQL databases, Airflow
- Knowledge of the latest developments in data engineering and best practices in data management.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies in data platforms is a plus e.g. Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, Azure Synapse.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Possess an eagerness to learn and impart new skills.
- Be a good team player.
Applicants with no experience may apply
2 year contract period. Successful candidates will be offered a 1+1 year contract.
All applicants will be notified on whether they are shortlisted for the position within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting.