Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of healthcare products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritionals products. In Ireland, Abbott employs over 4,000 people across nine sites. We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. Abbott has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Diagnostic Division – Longford:
Abbott established a diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents.
In 2004, Abbott’s operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004, and the first product (Architect® TSH) was launched in December of 2005.
The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
Abbott in Longford manufactures 18 diagnostic reagent products for thyroid function, fertility, and pregnancy, cardiology, renal and metabolic. Our products are manufactured to the highest standards of quality and are regulated by bodies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The primary responsibility will include;
- Partner & support all site functions, Strategic Programs & projects through provision of insightful, innovative, transparent & meaningful analytics.
- Partner & support all site functions, Strategic Programs & projects through provision of innovative, user friendly, sustainable solutions.
- Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws, as well at the Abbott Global and Technical standards.
- Ensure compliance to applicable quality requirements and external regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for managing all data related functions including but not limited to mapping, cleansing and analysis.
- Support the company in making the most effective decisions by ensuring the integrity of the data being input and extracted from the systems and the accuracy and appropriateness of all reports produced.
- Develop automated solutions that address specific analytical objectives and facilitate report generation and distribution of analyses.
- Design and execute ad-hoc queries as required
- Ability to independently data mine multiple large, complex datasets to answer specific questions. Curiosity to dig deeper and access other documentation sources to understand the data.
- Ability to perform quantitative analysis and utilize data modelling techniques to generate insights and highlight opportunities.
- Adept in developing, publishing and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
The following experience provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
- Suitable third level qualification required
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role is essential
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Innovative, proactive and improvement oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Good planning, organisation and time management skills
- Experienced in developing BI using Microsoft Power applications (e.g. Power BI Desktop, Power BI Workspace, Power Query, Power Automate)
- Experience with relational databases (for example: Oracle Databases, MySQL, Microsoft Access, etc.) is desirable
- Strong understanding of ERP systems preferably SAP
- Competent working with advanced Excel
Connect with us at www.abbott.com or https://www.ie.abbott/, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews.