As one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations, HSBC has been connecting customers to opportunities since 1865. With operations in 65 countries and territories, HSBC's unparalleled international network links developed and emerging markets, and spans the world's largest and fastest-growing trade corridors. The bank serves more than 40 million customers through its commercial, retail, investment and private banking businesses, which are supported by operational and functional teams around the world.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
- Understand the product, customer behaviours, operations and associated data domains
- Be hands on with raw data and the tools to clean, manipulate and interrogate the data as required
- Train, validate and optimize machine learning models as per the use case, using key tools in a cloud environment such as Databricks, python
- Monitor and manage the model lifecycle in a discovery and production environment
- Communicate how the model works in a compelling manner to both senior and non-technical colleagues
- Ensure the models meet peer review standards
- Be engaged with global analytics counterparts to draw on or share best practices, as well as collaborate on global initiatives
- On occasion, perform ad hoc data tasks to assist the team where required
- Proven experience with modern analysis methods and machine learning kits such as Random Forest, Markov Chain analysis, Gradient boosting, Pathway analysis, Collaborative Filtering, Neural Networks LSTM, Self-Organising Maps
- Proven experience in process and analysis of large amount of data using one of: Python, R, SQL or SAS; on environments such as AWS, Google cloud or Hadoop
- Proven experience with Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning algorithms and kits: hands-on use of TensorFlow, DataRobot or Sagemaker would be even better if
- Experience with cloud analytics platforms such as AWS Redshift, Azure, GCP, Baidu, AliCloud
- Professional level knowledge of statistics.
HSBC is committed to building a work culture where everyone is valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, collaboration and supporting people to be at their best in an inclusive and diverse environment.