Internal Audit Department
Internal Audit Department (IAD) has been tasked with the mandate to foster a strong governance and control environment in GIC. IAD provides an independent assessment of GIC’s governance, risk management and internal control environment to key stakeholders including the Board of Directors and senior management. IAD acts as a trusted business partner working closely with the GIC group of companies and investment holding entities to bring about positive changes to the control environment and culture and thereby support senior management decision making.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join the Audit team, where the key roles and responsibilities include:
- Effectively lead and inspire a team of data scientist to achieve IAD’s tactical and strategic objectives
- Implement IAD’s data-driven strategy by working closely across functional teams, and effectively translating business requirements into actual deliverables
- Develop strategic objectives by identifying opportunities to provide stronger assurance, advisory and anticipatory risk sensing capabilities
- As a technical and data science Subject Matter Expert (SME), design and detail appropriate analytical or Machine Learning approaches to different business problems
- Drive and upskill machine learning and analytics capabilities
- Implement and oversee multiple analytics/machine learning projects, and deploy analytics/machine learning engines into production.
- Critically review the work performed by junior team members and mentor junior data scientists.
- Collaborate with Front, Middle, and Back Office business functions, as well as the extended Technology team in GIC on advanced analytics projects
- Plan and design the end to end analytics/machine learning pipeline, such as data infrastructure, modelling pipeline and case management tool.
- Keep abreast of market trends in machine learning and audit analytics and recommend appropriate adoption of best practices into GIC
- Master’s or PhD in Information Technology, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- At least 10 years’ of relevant experience in machine learning techniques, data analytics and design
- A leader who can motivate and drive excellence within the team
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing data science projects, and also providing strong technical guidance and coaching to junior data scientists
- Strong analytical and organization skills, with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong collaboration skills, able to partner and work effectively across teams and with business stakeholders
- Good communication skills, able to articulate technical concepts and drive discussions
- Must be competent in Python. Familiar with open sourced platforms and libraries such as Sckit-learn, Spark, Hadoop, Airflow, Pytorch, Tensorflow, Docker, Git
- Familiar with machine learning and NLP techniques, in analysing a variety of datasets, including large heterogeneous data, and unstructured data.