Are you a data explorer with a desire to go where no one has ever gone before? Do you have experience from applying statistical modeling and machine learning to complex business problems? We are now looking for a Data Scientist to our head office located in central Gothenburg.
Your role in our team
As Data Scientist You Have The Mindset Of a Generalist And Operate In All Stages Of The Problem-solving Process
As Data Scientist you are a part of Lindex tech-community and the Analytics team working with all parts of the company on cases such as recommendation algorithms, attribution modelling and sales forecasting. The role also handles more straightforward descriptive analytics cases.
- Problem framing: Distilling the core problem through an iterative process including domain expert interviews and data discovery.
- Data wrangling and exploration: Extracting and shaping data from various on-prem and cloud data sources, as well as painting a picture of the data landscape and identifying processes and variables to be used in the modeling phase.
- Modeling: Statistical and machine learning modeling aimed at surfacing patterns and predicting business effects.
- Implementing solutions: Visualizing and translating the model output into actionable insights that guide business stakeholders in their decisions. Implementing algorithms in a production environment to automate analytics and to build intelligent applications.
Is this you?
If you are a person with an analytical and curious mindset who is interested in where the data trail might lead, even when seemingly out of scope, and you drive the development of the data science field. Finding new solutions and continuous improvement comes naturally in your way of working. Here at Lindex we are all about having an impact together and we believe that your mindset, your drive and being a strong team-player is key.
To Join Our Digital Transformation, This Probably Sounds Like You
Since Lindex is in the middle of an exciting transformation, things are moving fast and we see that you have an agile mindset and enjoy working in an ever-changing environment. Where you get to grow, learn new things and work with colleagues from different parts of a company. Leading yourself, being active in your own development always on your toes finding the best solution are all thing you know well.
- Relevant academic degree. Could be in data science, statistics, mathematics, computer science, or other quantitative field.
- +2 years in a similar role
- Experience from working in a big data context utilizing tools and technologies such as: SQL, R, Python, Snowflake, Spark, PowerBI
- Swedish and English – both written and spoken
We are Lindex.
Something many in our tech community express, is how much they value what you are a part of Lindex. We are a growing fashion company that aims high and have a strong will to do good. Our higher purpose and values run through everything. And we truly believe in our ability to have an impact together and make a difference. For women, for kids and for the future.
In case you’re not that familiar with us yet, we can also tell you this: We are a fashion company from Sweden offering womenswear, lingerie and kidswear. The entire retail industry is changing and at Lindex, we are in the middle of an exciting transformation. A journey that is best described as going from a proud history to a promising future as a global, brand-led, sustainable and digital-first fashion company. We believe in flexibility, offering a hybrid work set-up meaning your primary work location is at our office in the heart of Gothenburg with the option to work remote when possible.
Do you have a good feeling about this and want to join our journey?
Apply today, we can’t wait to get to know more about you. Since we are eager in finding the right person to join our team, we will apply continuous selection. This means we might close the process before the set ending date. Since we like to keep it simple, we ask you to apply online (and not by email)