Senior Data Analyst
Value & Analytics Office – Service Manager
This role operates in a complex environment across all Terminals at Heathrow airport. It will directly impact the reputation of Baggage both internally, externally, and globally. This role will be a trusted advisor who can influence targets and improvement opportunities to our Strategic Partners and other third parties operating at LHR. It is vital that you lead, inspire and drive collaborative working relationships across all areas of the Heathrow Strategic Partnership.
You will set and agree clear and meaningful performance targets across the end-to-end baggage operation, ensuring that these are linked to the desired business objectives. Lead the delivery of those performance targets by identifying analysis requirements using complex data to understand the factors that impact performance and recommend appropriate mitigating actions. Use this expert knowledge to influence and drive performance in conjunction with identified stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who has a solid analytical background and a passion for acquiring and interpreting varying data sets from multiple systems/sources and analysing results to develop insightful reporting that enables a successful Strategic Partnership. You have proven leadership skills and the ability to drive creativity and innovation with a team.
To be successful, you will need to thrive on large scale challenges, enjoy operating in a diverse stakeholder environment, and manage complex workstreams. You will possess a high level of attention to detail to produce output to a high standard. You will also can inform best practices, formulate ideas and implement them.
You will be able to maintain a broad perspective whilst having a good understanding of the detail and a creative approach and agility to operate within the changing needs of the business. You have excellent presentation skills and thrive on building relationships with your colleagues.
You will develop and implement robust performance management and reporting processes for end-to-end Baggage Operations from design, build, operation and maintain. Your insightful analyses will identify what works well and improvement areas to enable plans to be rapidly developed and implemented.
Promote management by information by establishing and embedding a Data-Driven Culture as we move to a more digital workplace.
Build Reputation with Customers
Proactive day-to-day relationship management: You will work with every customer collaboratively to achieve an overall baggage-focused solution to suit all parties’ needs (where possible) in line with the overall Strategic Partnership vision.
Improve customer experience, satisfaction, and confidence by delivering quality insights based on factual data. Use data accuracy to build trust.
Represent the Analytics Office by request at forums as well as any relevant governance groups.
Maintain operational effectiveness, e.g., seek feedback regarding the effectiveness of the analysis product.
Drive to Win
Ensure the timely delivery and accuracy of performance reporting that serves the needs of the business.
Quality assures Analytics Office products and negotiate with and influence senior managers based on data and analytical outcomes.
Network with partners to encourage better cross-functional analytical working practices.
Build relationships within the UK service team across DBOM(D)+IT and partners within the UK based business.
Deliver training sessions to support the learning and development of others.
Provide analysis to inform capital projects (e.g., current vs future data).
Participate in Continuous Improvement activities that create business cases and strategic solutions to deliver agreed business benefits.
Identify and develop new data sources and methods for analysis and apply these to working practices.
Identify and develop new methods of reporting analysis and effective dissemination such as customer self-service (push data).
Safe Base & We Care
Ensure all company legislative Health & Safety regulations and policies are maintained. Work in a safe considerate manner and always leave all work areas clean and tidy.
Skill & Experience:
- Excel, SQL, Power BI, SharePoint, Azure services and similar reporting tools and databases.
- Highly advanced analytical and modelling skills to interpret complex data that allow you to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources and abstract up from detailed information for high-level understanding.
- Apply logic and judgment to set out logical reasoning clearly, adapting language, form, and message to meet the needs of different people/audiences.
- Creative problem-solving and interpreting performance measurement information in a complex customer-focused environment.
- Successfully manage the introduction of new analytical techniques or ways of working.
- Outcome focused and a strong team player who can deal with several issues concurrently.
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships across Strategic Partnership—lead challenging discussions around the need for change and accountability. Able to identify key stakeholders and take appropriate steps to understand their needs and concerns.
- Able to review and assess individual and team performance against expected standards, providing objective and effective feedback and ensuring corrective actions are taken where necessary.
- Coach and or mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Able to plan, allocate work appropriately within the team and identify and mitigate risks to delivery.
- Lead and manage the Analytics Office team (up to 6 reports)