Provide reporting/analytics and statistical expertise for development of accurate solutions based on business needs. Analyze and synthesize related and seemingly unrelated data into an audience appropriate story to support the business initiatives, accreditation, and regulatory compliance. Act as a data steward and maintain the analytical foundation through business definitions and design of data marts to ensure integrity and reliability of analytics. Serve as a liaison with internal business units and external entities in support of reporting/analytics.
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Bachelors in a data and analytics affiliate field such as Business Statistics and Analysis, Business Administration, Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science or related. Four or more years of experience in data compilation, reporting and analytics utilizing data and analytics tools. Demonstrated skills in leading a team through standard processes or projects. Must demonstrate strong analytical skills/capabilities and communication skills (verbal and written). Strong working knowledge and/or experience with Microsoft Office products and other analytical tools such as SAS, Business Objects, Tableau etc. Prior Business Objects, relational databases, and health care experience preferred. Excellent written and oral communications is a MUST.
Project Management and Execution:
- Make prioritization decisions concerning individual or team tasks and assignments, maintain communications with customers to manage expectations, and escalates appropriately to management
- Interface with internal business units and external entities (i.e. vendors, regulatory agencies) to manage requirements gathering, maintain work plan, coordinate activities, maintain effective communication in support of reporting/analytics
- Manage customer requirements and identify most efficient and accurate approach to structuring solutions to complex reporting/analytics needs
- Present, process, analyze, interpret, and assess impact to internal and external stakeholders for cross-departmental or enterprise initiatives that are accurate, complete, timely, and effective in support of business initiatives, accreditation, and regulatory compliance
- Discern patterns and correlate diverse set of information, conceptualize and then translate ideas from abstract to concrete, determine appropriate level to conduct analysis, and navigate efficiently between levels of detail to transform data into an audience appropriate story that can be used to support business decisions, identify solutions to problems, or answer questions
- Maintain reporting/analytics foundation through coordination of business definitions, data marts and BI tools (i.e. BO), translation into technical requirements, annual maintenance for any updates, and testing to ensure accuracy
- Review data provided by the business operator and manage execution of reporting/analysis, perform interpretations and conclusions, and prepare recommendations
- Accurately interpret, understand, evaluate, select, and recommend appropriate alternate reporting/analytics that are innovative and sophisticated achieving quality and work/process improvements to support the business decision
- Validate reports/analysis to ensure accuracy via comparison to internal and external benchmarks and use of peer review as appropriate
- Act as a data steward maintaining and ensuring data integrity; manage research concerning data anomalies, work with other departments to identify solution or workaround, and communicate outcomes and impacts to other departments as appropriate
- Perform, monitor and manage other ad-hoc/ advance reporting/analytics functions as and when required
Training and Guidance:
- Serve as a resource/educator to internal/external customers and peers regarding appropriate use of data and BI tools ensuring accurate and advanced understanding/use of reports/analytics/data and increase technical capability of tools
- Perform audit and monitor progress of team members supporting the reporting/analytics process and providing feedback to manager
- Assist managers in determining the best content to share with others; support other team members in knowledge sharing best practices
- Responsible for the work flow of the analytics associates ensuring reliability, integrity, and timeliness of end products
- Coach and assist team members to ensure continuous development
- Participate in developing presentations/publications/point-of-views with senior leadership within the Analytical Organization (AO)
- Contribute towards and assist senior leadership in developing a year-end value story to demonstrate value of the team and their contribution to progress towards the AOs and PHSs goals.
We offer more than the standard benefits!
Presbyterian employees gain access to a robust wellness program, including free access to our on-site and community-based gyms, nutrition coaching and classes, wellness challenges and more!
Learn more about our employee benefits:
Why work at Presbyterian?
As an organization, we are committed to improving the health of our communities. From hosting growers' markets to partnering with local communities, Presbyterian is taking active steps to improve the health of New Mexicans. For our employees, we offer a robust wellness program, including free access to our on-site and community-based gyms, nutrition coaching and classes, wellness challenges and more.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who choose to work here. The hard work of our physicians, nurses, employees, board members and volunteers grew Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system that serves more than 875,000 New Mexicans.
About Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Presbyterian Healthcare Services exists to improve the health of patients, members and the communities we serve. We are a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, we are the state's largest private employer with nearly 14,000 employees - including more than 1,600 providers and nearly 4,700 nurses.
Our health plan serves more than 580,000 members statewide and offers Medicare Advantage, Medicaid (Centennial Care) and Commercial health plans.
About Our Regional Delivery System
Presbyterian's Regional Delivery System is a network of six hospitals and medical centers throughout rural New Mexico including locations in Clovis, Espanola, Ruidoso, Santa Fe, Socorro and Tucumcari. Our regional facilities are home to more than 1,600 clinical and non-clinical employees who help make Presbyterian the state's largest private employer with nearly 14,000 statewide employees. With a variety of services ranging from general surgery to pediatrics to heart and cancer care, our regional employees are proud to provide close-to-home care for their communities.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico continues to grow steadily in population and features a low cost-of living.
Varied landscapes bring filmmakers here from around the world to capture a slice of the natural beauty New Mexicans enjoy every day. Our landscapes are as diverse as our culture - from mountains, forests, canyons, and lakes, to caverns, hot springs and sand dunes.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.