Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Data Scientist.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The data scientist’s primary purpose will be to assist the organization in uncovering and understanding key metric drivers for the success of our digital products and providing the data to support these insights. The data scientist will work with Sales, Support, Content and Product teams to understand how to better improve our products for customer needs through usage analytics and insights. The data scientist will also collaborate with content and product teams to design and develop data-driven product features. The candidate will be responsible for gathering requirements from stakeholders, working with the engineering team to source the data as needed, use a variety of tools and methods and to analyze and interpret the data, and finally assist in building out and maintaining dashboards and reports. Candidate should have a passion for data and enthusiasm for learning and discovering new information.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to help them envision the insights and questions that can be addressed with data, through the use of prototypes, discussion, and mock-ups
- Identify additional data needs that may be important to answer key questions and work with development teams to be able to track such data
- Aggregate and analyze data across disparate sources using a variety of analytical and statistical tools and methods and derive intelligence that can be turned into actionable insights
- Create and enhance dashboards and reports as needed to support various teams across the company
- Written and Oral communication - Ability to represent data findings in a relatable way
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Google Analytics, Quicksight, etc..
- Experience with Data Modeling
- Intermediate coding skills using SQL, Python and/or R
- Experience and ability to communicate clearly using presentation tools such as Microsoft Power Point to tell a story through the data
- Experience with statistical modeling. Background in machine learning and predictive analytics is nice to have.
Resume and cover letter required.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.