Job Search / Business Intelligence & Data Analytics
Senior Data Scientist
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £80000.00 per annum
Senior Data Scientist
Home/office (50/50 split per week)
Up to £80K + benefits
My award-winning, household name client based in Leeds are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join them. They work with big and varied datasets with modern tools (Python, Spark, AWS), on problems ranging from recommendations to clustering to NLP to image classification.
You'll be working across their many streams of work, using your coding, statistics, and ML skills to build data products with a range of applications, including:
- Segmenting customers.
- Personalising their products for their customers.
- Optimising their customer engagement strategy.
As a senior technical contributor, you'll be expected to contribute to ideas, to bring new methods and approaches to the team's attention, and to generally drive standards and deliver value.
You'll help their data strategists to scope out and design new projects.
You'll help mentor more junior data scientists and will play an active role in defining how they develop the team
- You are experienced in building statistical models of real-world processes.
- You are experienced in applying machine learning to a variety of problems.
- You know Python and care about code quality.
- You are familiar with SQL, Spark, or other tools for large datasets.
- You are enthusiastic and have a growth mindset.
- You get things done.
- You are an innovator.
- You are happy to take responsibility and be accountable for your decisions.
- You want to help others around you develop and succeed.
- You communicate well, in both speech and writing.
Desirable skills are:
- You are comfortable using version control (Git).
- You have experience in the end-to-end delivery of data science products.
- You have experience using AWS tools (S3, EC2, EMR).
O They run regular Lab Meetings to share knowledge and ideas
O They constantly challenge their ways of working, both in terms of process and technology, and are always striving to improve as a team.
O They run regular Learning Sessions as a team, diving into skills and techniques from software design to visualisation to cross-validation.
If this sounds like your next step in your Data Science career, then please apply for more information and I will be in touch with suitable candidates.