At Imagine we go beyond print to help our clients deliver game-changing visual communications from concept to delivery that set the standard for our industry. The first step in this process is hiring great employees! Our innovative teams are the most committed, highly experienced artisans in the business. We are committed to delivering high-quality marketing solutions, in every environment and campaign, helping our clients capture the heart, minds, and loyalty of their customers. For more than 30 years, The Imagine Group has established itself as one of the most influential and innovative visual communications companies in the industry. Join us and let’s Imagine a better way together.
Candidates for this position must be local to the Minneapolis, St. Paul Area. This is a Hybrid role requiring 2-3 days onsite at our offices in Shakopee, MN.
As a Data Scientist
, you will contribute to Imagine’s objectives by delivering rapid and scalable solutions within our operations. You will do this by designing, implementing, and deploying data visualizations & business intelligence, and insights & analytics for a broad range of business objectives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop, plan, and execute analytical projects as an individual contributor and in teams
- Delivery focused: Help design analytical and technical solutions using a rigorous hypothesis-based approach, partner with technical teams to build a development plan, and then help execute the development and implementation with a focus on high-impact return
- Agile and pragmatic: Ability to rapidly deliver results in high pressured projects with the skill to pivot quickly with iterative, POC, or agile methods
- Contemporary and innovative approach: ability to develop novel solutions using modern platforms (e.g., Cloud based platforms like Azure, AWS), languages/technologies (e.g., Python, Spark, SQL), and tools (e.g., Power BI, Selenium, UIPath)
- Process Automation: Ability to understand a business process directly from a user, select and present an appropriate solution (e.g. RPA, API integration, simple macro-like script), develop and deliver solution, while considering value metrics to ensure results.
- Structured approach: Bring order to disparate requirements with high tolerance for ambiguity, very strong problem solving ability, and excellent client engagement skills
- Synthesize analytical findings for consumption by senior business executives
- Communicator: Ability to break down complex structures and problems into succinct components for a range of clients and colleagues at all levels of seniority
- Storytelling: Be a storyteller capable of delivering practical data insights in a compelling manner (e.g., via presentations/dashboards) actionable by senior leadership
- Become trusted advisor and thought leader on business data and analytical techniques
- Technology polymath: experience with a wide range of technology and can learn and develop any solutions across the full data science lifecycle and application stack
- Test & Learn mentality: Challenge our current best thinking, test theories, evaluate feature concepts and iterate rapidly
- Creativity: Invent creative ways to answer key business questions by leveraging existing data assets or creating new ones
- Trusted voice: Establish and manage relationships with partners
- Subject matter expertise: Develop deep subject matter expertise across techniques, technologies, and industries
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or Physics
- 3-5 years of experience
- Business Intelligence platform experience, such as PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau etc.
- Ability to write efficient and robust queries in SQL.
- Experience working with APIs for integration, as well as Selenium and other process automation or QA tools.
- Experience of work in collaborative development environment (GIT, Azure DevOps, JIRA).
- Exceptional intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional problem solving ability
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in business-friendly and user-friendly language to colleagues, management and clients.
- Entrepreneurial, creative self-starter; able to work independently with limited direction
- Advanced Degree
- Ability to write algorithms and implement pipelines in Python. Knowledge of Scala, or R.
- Familiarity with various relational database platforms (SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Snowflake, Vertica, etc).
- Experience of work in cloud environments, especially MS Azure
- Solid knowledge of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, probability distributions), machine learning (e.g., regression, regularization, PCA, random forest, XGBoost, deep learning, clustering), and other data science techniques (e.g., time series analysis, NLP, computer vision, mathematical optimization).
Imagine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity and Inclusion is not just a checked box, it is a critical part of our commitment to deliver innovative solutions to our clients and provide a great place to work for our entire Imagine family. We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.