Knowesis - Interesting Work with Interesting People
Knowesis provides professional, technical, and administrative support services to empower federal executives in the areas of strategy, analytics, operations, and medical, scientific, and social science research to more than 27 federal organizations. Our staff form lasting and trusted relationships between their fellow team members, clients, and across the organization.
Knowesis is looking for personnel to support the United States Special Operations Command Preservation of the Force and Family (USSOCOM POTFF) program in identifying and implementing innovative, valuable solutions across the Special Operations Forces (SOF) enterprise aimed at improving the short and long-term well-being of SOF warriors and their families.
This position requires a SECRET clearance and requires U.S. Citizenship (applicants without proof of US citizenship will not be considered due to the position’s security clearance requirement).
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enter, clean, and conduct basic data manipulation and analysis
- Provide consultation and assistance to supported units and POTFF staff to identify opportunities and methods for capturing data relating to POTFF programs and initiatives
- Operate in consultation with POTFF program staff and the Government's POTFF biostatistician to build and disseminate databases and spreadsheets designed to record POTFF related programmatic data
- Prepare reports and presentations that accurately convey data trends and associated analysis
- Enter and analyze data within government systems
- Proficient with the suite of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and Access
- Basic proficiency with commonly used statistical software applications (e.g., SPSS, SAS, and R)
- Proficiency may be demonstrated through work history or a history of publications or a combination thereof
- Excellent communication skills and highly detail oriented and organized
- Experience with data visualization applications is preferred
- Certification or other documented experience and interest in Human Performance or Sports Science is preferred
- Sufficient initiative, interpersonal skills, and social sensitivity to relate constructively to a variety of contacts from diverse backgrounds
Education: Bachelor’s degree in quantitative science (mathematics, statistics, biostatistics, data science, or related discipline), or social science (psychology, sociology, or related discipline).
Location: Client site on at MacDill AFB, FL.
This position requires on-site work for all or a portion of the work to be performed. The successful candidate will reside in the local area or relocate within 15 days of the start date.
Security Clearance: Secret
- Basic proficiency and experience with SPSS, SAS and R
- Bachelors or better in Social Science or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)