The Incubation team explores tomorrow’s fleet mobility ecosystem and deliver learnings, validated propositions & new revenue streams via rapid prototyping of innovative solutions and business models in open collaboration with internal and external partners, thereby acting as an innovation ambassador for the organization
As an Incubation Sr. Data Scientist you will work on- and support the research, development, testing and scaling of new concepts based on data-based insights and leveraging and exploring hundreds of million data points, such as vehicle telemetry, (fleet) behaviour, mobility, infrastructure.Here’s a little taste of your challenge:
Being a member of a small team of analysts, strategy managers and developers you will be responsible for building up and maintaining the data science capability and making sure that exploration as well as productization of (data) opportunities can materialize.
Who are you?
- Setting up DS/BI/analysis components & (future) initiative dashboards
- Data analysis of current WFS & BS customer base for initiative & bus. case scoping
- Dedicated analysis of data per initiative (customer (behaviour) data, platform improvement, KPI’s etc)
- Mining and analyzing algorithm development to generate new insights and open new business opportunities and subsequent solution concepts
- Close collaboration with data engineers analysts and IT developers to test and build product
- Coordinate model implementation, monitor and refine launched products
- Commercial traction activites such as SEO & Sales campaign/conversion analysis & improvement support for those initiatives that are maturing
- Guiding your own conceived business mode concept through the different ideation, development and implemtation stages
There is no set route to become our new Data Scientist. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
Let's do not forget the good stuff!
- You have at least 4 years’ experience in building statistical models, manipulating data sets.
- You can utilize all kinds of data sources, such as relational databases via SQL, non-relational databases, and any kind of web interface providing structured and unstructured data in json, xml, or any other common data format.
- Personal must-haves: strong problem-solving skills, analytic mind, achievement orientation, sense of quality, flexible thinking, and good communication skills. You are a self-driven team player with entrepreneurial touch and a passion for results.
- You have profound knowledge and experience with Python or any other object-oriented programming language.
- You have a deeper understanding and already applied various unsupervised-learning techniques, such as k-mean, Gaussian mixture models, DBSCAN, self-organized maps, or autoencoders, as well as in standard supervised learning techniques like regression, random forests, naive Bayes. In addition, you have already designed deep learning models in Keras or PyTorch.
- You were able to gain insight into and experience with the following frameworks, standards, and software categories: Spark, Azure, or similar.
- You have experience visualizing and presenting data utilizing Power BI, Tableau, matplotlib, or Plotly.
- Well-organized to collect, interpret and present information.
- Ideally you would also know your way around various online SEO optimisation methods
Who are we?
- 25 annual leave days with option to buy up to 10 days.
- Working from home up to 3 days a week.
- 500 euros gross to set up your home office.
- Chance to work abroad for 40 working days per year.
- Birthday off and volunteering time off.
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning.
- Free English and Dutch lessons.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Contributory pension scheme and health insurance discounts.
- Flexible benefit plan (get up to 250 euros reimbursed on benefit of your choice).
- Discounts on Bridgestone Tyres, Pizzabakkers, Urban Gym Group and E-bikes.
Bridgestone Mobility Solutions (BMS) is a new business unit that serves as a foundation to Bridgestone’s digital transformation and the delivery of a diversified portfolio of connected mobility solutions, mobility product as a service and innovative data driven businesses, with a strong focus towards fleets and OEs (Original Equipment/Vehicle Manufacturers).
Bridgestone Mobility Solutions is set to serve as a high-tech innovative platform to build new and innovative solutions, develop new industries segments and create societal impact in areas related to electrification, smart cities, intelligent transport, self-driving, and to embrace the shift from ownership to usership, leveraging all the associated and exciting new business models (eg. x-as-a-service) currently emerging.
Bridgestone Mobility Solutions is part of Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (“Bridgestone”), a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader in tyres and rubber building on its expertise to provide solutions for safe and sustainable mobility.
For further information, please visit webfleet.com. Follow us on Twitter @WebfleetNews. For more information about Bridgestone EMIA, please visit www.bridgestone-emia.com and Bridgestone newsroom.Want to join us?
If that’s a yes, please apply and upload your CV.
Do note that pre-employment screening can be part of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability statusWhat can you expect from us?
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international team, dealing with different countries and cultures;
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with;
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. So, it only makes sense that we don’t jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.