At RVU, we have the best of both worlds; the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching, helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
We believe in being great people to work with: we are very passionate about our own work, but we think that it’s important to make time to help others with their work - so that the entire team gets better every day. We are entrepreneurial - we believe in challenging the status quo and solving problems our users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, we are inclusive: no matter who we are, where we come from, or which project we work on, we are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.
What you’ll be working on:
We are on a mission to revolutionise our customer experience, empowering our customers to find the right product for them. At the heart of this aim sits the newly formed data science team, and you will be a fundamental part of that team - helping to define strategy and processes, supporting team growth and getting stuck in to really drive the value we have in our data.
What You’ll Do:
- Build data science products that improve and personalise the customer experience, think recommenders, segmentations, customer journey analytics and much more.
- Be a key founding member of the data science team, sharing your passion and experience for all things data with colleagues across the business.
- Work with our cutting edge tech stack to ensure we are always using the best tool for the job.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree/Advanced degree in a STEM subject with a strong mathematical background.
- In-depth knowledge of the data science toolkit, particularly in recommender systems, clustering algorithms and deep learning libraries (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow).
- Advanced Python programming skills & experience in mentoring more junior colleagues.
- Experience working with stakeholders across the business in cross-functional teams, you are able to translate business problems into data science products that improve the customer experience and add value.
- A problem solving mindset: you thrive on tackling tricky problems and creating innovative solutions to them.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering value through data science solutions, particularly in the digital space.
- Experience with AWS or GCP and their products (S3, GCS, Kinesis, Pub/Sub, Lambda/Cloud functions)
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Databricks, or another data science platform.
- Good understanding of DevOps and version control.
- Data engineering experience: whilst we have an engineering team it would be great if you were able to self-serve some of the more common aspects of putting models into production.
- Experience using CI/CD principles
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- Hybrid approach of in-office and remote working - we've learnt to adapt our work style throughout 2020 and will be adopting a hybrid approach of in-office and remote working, once it is safe to do so, where each employee will combine a mixture of the two each week.
- ‘Work from Home’ budget to help contribute towards a great work environment at home
- Excellent maternity, paternity and adoption leave policy, for those key moments in your life
- Regular virtual events - from company-wide events with insightful external speakers, to virtual ‘coffee chats’ with fellow colleagues, we want to make sure our colleagues continue to feel connected whilst working remotely.
- Health insurance