Company Description Since 2004, Mandiant has been a trusted partner to security-conscious organizations. Effective security is based on the right combination of expertise, intelligence, and adaptive technology, and the Mandiant Advantage SaaS platform scales decades of frontline experience and industry-leading threat intelligence to deliver a range of dynamic cyber defense solutions. Mandiant’s approach helps organizations develop more effective and efficient cyber security programs and instills confidence in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats.
The Data Science & Data Engineering team has a broad set of responsibilities at Mandiant. We develop and maintain key data stores that power Mandiant Advantage applications, enable internal workflows and tooling to enable security researchers, and support end-to-end machine learning (ML) model development and deployment. We also provide data service support to other groups within the company.
We are looking for a highly motivated Data Engineer to help build and maintain our tools, services and pipelines to ingest and persist data from varied sources. We process terabytes of security telemetry per day and use the data to enable applications in the Mandiant Advantage platform. An ideal candidate will have previous experience building data pipelines to ingest and persist data that will be used by diverse data consumers, ranging from data-intensive applications to ML pipelines and to ad-hoc and scheduled querying. Experience with parsing cybersecurity logs is a plus. You will collaborate closely with multiple teams to understand business needs and translate those into technical requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Work within the data engineering team to develop pipelines and tools to support multiple use cases and applications
- Define how the data will be stored and consumed by different consumers, IT systems, and applications that leverage the data
- Optimize non-performant databases, queries and pipelines to ensure timely access to the right data by our applications and people
- Document data sources, data structures, data flows and data infrastructure
- Develop monitoring and alerting capabilities to ensure data pipelines are working properly
- Collaborate with internal customers to understand their business needs and translate those into technical requirements
- Participate in feasibility studies and cost/benefit analyses to determine technology solutions that are right for Mandiant
- Enable analysts to interact with data in a secure manner using tools like a data catalog
- Define roles and responsibilities with regard to data governance
- Stay on top of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries and frameworks to constantly grow your skillset
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience performing data engineering activities
- 3+ years building data pipelines in production and ability to work across structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Experience building large scale distributed data stores and data warehouses at petabyte scale and supporting machine learning and analytic workloads
- Experience using Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem. Desirable to have experience with Spark, Flink and Kafka
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools (Apache NiFi is a plus)
- Strong experience with DevOps practices and common tooling (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with technologies like Hive, Impala, Spark SQL and Presto/Trino
- Prior experience with Databricks and/or Snowflake is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with loosely defined requirements
- Ability to work in an iterative, agile development environment
- Strong experience developing in Java and Python 3
- Ability to pick up, work with and explore new analytical tools
As a U.S. federal contractor, Mandiant has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and requirements. This position may be covered under Mandiant’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as required in order to support federal contracts, access company offices and/or attend in-person meetings and work events. If covered under this policy, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 may be required as a condition of hire.At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.Minimum Salary: 102,900.00. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from Mandiant’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms.Benefits: Whether you are just starting your career, reaching a milestone, or gearing up for retirement, we offer plans and programs to keep you happy and healthy at any stage of life. We regularly evaluate our options to make sure they’ve got everything you need. Part of what makes Mandiant great is our diverse team, and we’ve made it our priority to provide benefits that support you on your individual journey at work and at home. Mandiant subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, Mandiant also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. Mandiant also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.