No Patient Left Behind
Atlas Health automates philanthropic aid to improve access, affordability, outcomes and health equity for vulnerable populations.
Through intelligent matching and enrollment to 20,000 philanthropic aid programs, healthcare organizations can improve patient outcomes and reputation, increase cash and reduce staff administrative burden.
At Atlas Health, we are dedicated to eliminating the unfortunate reality of patients not being able to afford to survive. We may not be providers, but we do save lives by providing patients with the ability to receive treatment, when they otherwise may have never started or stopped for fear of negative financial outcomes. We love that we are saving lives by improving access and affordability. We view every dollar we find for a patient as hope.
Ultimately, we want to ensure no patient is left behind.
Data Engineers on our data platform team develop systems that manage data flow throughout the Atlas infrastructure and support downstream data applications. These systems are responsible for handling sensitive patient data, and members of the team are technical champions of ensuring HIPAA standards for confidentiality and compliance. Broadly, this role focuses on all elements of data engineering, such as ingestion, transformation, and distribution of data, and works alongside security engineering and business implementation & operations teams as a custodian of patient and company data.Responsibilities:
- Engineer scalable, reliable, and performant systems that manage data
- Consume data from a variety of sources and formats, such as flat files, streaming systems, or APIs
- Leverage cloud infrastructure to develop scalable data solutions.
- Collaborate with platform engineers on creating reliable and secure systems
- Collaborate closely with team members and product stakeholders
- Create trustworthy, secure, governable, and standardized data components for consumption
- Develop readable, well-tested applications, APIs, and libraries
- Implement application observability in the form of metrics, logging, and monitoring
- Professional experience with cloud-based systems
- Experience with data architectures and tools in support of streaming and batch driven data processing
- Solid understanding of distributed task orchestration
- Demonstrated ability in developing and testing systems that manage data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Understanding of multiple software development paradigms
- First-nature comfort in working with containerization tools
- Computer Science or related technical degree in a related field or equivalent technical experience
- Depth of knowledge in Google Cloud PlatformExperience working in an ePHI environment
- Familiarity with domain driven design concepts
- Fluency in Python
- Experience using Apache Airflow or similar orchestration systems
- Experience with IaC tools
Salary range for this position is $120,000-$165,000 per yearBenefits:
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan for our U.S. based employees which includes:
Why Join Our Team:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid holidays
Because you're motivated by a combination of success, working alongside incredible people, and have a passion for helping clients and patients. Atlas helps people access essential medical treatment, and avoid financial ruin from medical debt. You care about being a part of the journey and wish to play a key role in our organization's success.
Atlas values diversity of all kinds, and we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.