Who are we?
- Help us build out our Data practice
- Work alongside amazing cloud specialists
- Be part of a fantastic Hive Mind Community
We are a diverse team of people who share a common passion; we love using technology to help customers move faster with confidence! Evolution is our motivator; we want our people and our customers to be on a trajectory of continuous and positive change. The Cevo name is derived from “continuous evolution”, and our people refer to themselves as Cevons. Cevons bring their “whole self” to work, we celebrate all of us and not just the “work” us.
Our values are intrinsic in everything we do both inside and outside of work. Cevons have a voice, and it’s respectfully shared and actively listened to. We want to see all sides of a problem and a solution, so we want to hear what you have to say!About the role:
It’s a very exciting time for us at Cevo as we venture into building out our Data Practice. Data is integral right across our service offerings in DevOps, Migration and Cloud Native.
As a Data Engineer you have the opportunity to help us build onto our current capability in our Melbourne team, in real time. As well as help us build our data competencies all in line with our strong AWS partnership.About you:
You will be curious, open-minded, dependable, customer-focussed and an ethical problem-solver. Equipped with a strong analytical mindset and passion for attention to detail. You will have the ability to automate and improve data and reporting processes. With experience in managing various Data Engineering environments.
You will have experience operating in mature agile environments and have deep technical consulting experience. Your unique DNA will highlight something approximating obsessive attention to continuously improving delivery frameworks, automating tasks, and improving the way in which the work of your current and future customers is delivered.Essential Experience:
- 8+ years in a hands-on role in the IT Industry
- Recent extensive experience in Data Engineering
- Previous Consulting experience within enterprise environments
Why join Cevo?
- Solid understanding of data governance process and its implementation in the data engineering process
- Data engineering: data lakes (eg AWS LakeFormation), AWS Athena, Glue, Redshift and Redshift Spectrum; event-driven architectures; data quality management; data onboarding (ETL and ELT patterns); AWS Lambda (Python/Go
- BI/Analytics: AWS Quicksight/Tableau/PowerBI/Qliksense & Qlikview – integration with data lake via AWS services
- Agile experience, iterative delivery, continuous collaboration with Dev/Test/Ops
You’ll always be learning and upskilling alongside some of the best and brightest in the industry.Also on offer:
- A competitive base salary with incentives to earn additional income
- The support of the Cevo hive, helping each other to succeed
- We reward and recognise achievements
- Company perks which include a technology allowance
- Strong learning and development culture
- Exciting start up vibe with enterprise level projects and clients.
- The ability to bring your “whole self” to work
I'm looking forward to chatting to you, even if it's just to ask a few more questions.