Cayuse Talent Solutions (CTS) provides top tier talent to government and commercial clients. CTS yields permanent placement, staff augmentation services, and talent management/recruitment consulting services.
Primary Skill(s): Refactoring Talend ETLs into Redshift/Aurora. Teradata is the source.
We are looking for a Data Engineer for our Data & Analytics team to help internal and external customers build out Data & Analytics Platforms. The primary focus of this role will be refactoring current ETLs from Talend into Redshift and Aurora using Teradata.
- Participate as lead engineer on projects and assist in communication/collaboration sessions with clients
- Assist project team with oversight of junior team members: task delegation; technical assistance; oversight and QA
- Collaborate as assist with solution design
- Identify, build, and implement optimal Data Platform
- Identify, build, and implement highly scalable Data pipeline with automation
- Build out ETL jobs per architectural guidelines which integrates within the data pipeline
- Work with stakeholders including executive and data teams to troubleshoot and identify issues within the Data Platform
- Suggest and implement optimization patterns for an existing or new Data Platform
- Identify and implement BI tools per architectural guidelines
- Ability to proactively identify performance gaps in a solution and provide guidance for improvements
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to articulate a problem and find solutions in a timely manner
- 4+ years of engineering experience in Cloud environments
- 3+ years of Talend experience (Informatica/Teradata)
- Experience refactoring ETL in Redshift/Aurora environment
- Experience with Teradata
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or a similar quantitative field
- Core understanding of Big Data principles and architectural patterns
- Deep understanding of Batch and streaming data pipelines
- Be able to build data pipelines and platforms using proven development tools and languages such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, Python, Scala, Spark, PySpark, AWS Glue
- Experience implementing Machine Learning solutions and services on AWS or GCP
As an equal opportunity employer, Cayuse Talent Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Operations Department at (541) 278-8200 for assistance.