Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Aust - VIC Metro
- Outstanding opportunity to build and progress your career
- Committed to working flexibly
- Use your expertise to drive positive outcomes for our customers
A career that gives you more
Your career at NAB is about more than money, it's about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper. We currently have an opportunity for Consultant Data Engineer
As a Consultant Data Engineer, you will ensure the delivery of the Right data to the Right customer at the Right time and at the Right Cost using the Right tools and the Right Technology on NAB’s target state (cloud) platforms (NDH, NDC, NRP).
The role is focussed on leading technical solution/direction for ingesting data onto the platform; building/extending data models (content zones); transforming data to achieve stakeholder outcomes and orchestration.
What you’ll be doing
- Enable the move, flow and processing of reusable data assets in the Technology and Enterprise Operations space for both Analytics and Insights
- Design, build, and develop target-state data pipelines using Big Data technologies under appropriate governance and approved framework
- Enhance business user experience on the target state platforms through robust, performant and resilient data pipelines
- Support the team and the enterprise stakeholders in driving informed business decisions by delivering a cloud-based end to end data-centric and engineering solutions on our target state platforms
- Collaborate with SMEs, Business and Data analysts, and Data Visualisation Analysts to ensure end to end data delivery and the right outcome is delivered to the business
- Physicalise forward-engineered logical data models from business requirements and reverse-engineered data models from existing schemas and coded set
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders (Business Analysts, Product Owners, Data Analysts, SMEs, Data Scientists etc) to understand and translate business/technical requirements into reusable data assets
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role, you will bring professional experience working in a similar role as a Data Engineer coupled with the motivation to succeed in fast paced, at times ambiguous and complex environment and have:
- Solid experience, knowledge and skills in Data Engineering, BI/software development such as ELT/ETL, data extraction and manipulation in Data Lake/Data Warehouse environment
- In-depth understanding of data engineering practices and big data technologies
- Ability to work with diverse data sources in different formats (structured, semi-structured and unstructured) including but not limited to CSV, XML, JSON, etc
- Ability to translate/physicalise Data Models (Star Schema etc)
- Strong data analytical skills with data exploratory skills and the ability to investigate and determine root cause
- Proven experience in data modelling, analysis, and profiling
- Experience of working in diverse data domains and an Agile environment
- Experience in applying DevOps practices, SDLC, CI/CD principles to build automated pipelines and deployment
- Hands on in SQL and its Big Data variants (Hive-QL, Snowflake ANSI, Redshift SQL)
- Python and Spark and one or more of its API (PySpark, Spark SQL, Scala), Bash/Shell scripting
- Experience with Source code control - GitHub, VSTS etc.
- Knowledge and exposure to Big Data technologies Hadoop stack such as HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark etc, and cloud Big Data warehouses - RedShift, Snowflake, Databricks etc.
- Experience with UNIX command-line tools.
- Exposure to AWS technologies including EMR, Glue, Athena, Data Pipeline, Lambda, etc
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
- Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted