Title: Data Analyst
Location: Alexandria, VA
Terms: Full-Time / Permanent
RIVA supports NSF's mission through various contracts, including providing technical support to the
Office of Information and Resource Management’s (OIRM) Division of Human Resource Management
(HRM). This role will support HRM’s data quality, data management, data analysis, and data reporting
efforts, working closely with NSF staff to gather requirements and implement solutions.
- Track data quality issues in a central location and monitor progress toward resolving these
- Make process improvement recommendations for data entry and develop adoption strategies
- for influencing key stakeholders to implement process improvements.
- Provide support by streamlining existing reporting templates, such as those in NSF’s OBIEE and
- Tableau environment, as well as build new templates and recurring reports to reduce burden on
- NSF analysts.
- Serve as human capital data analytics and visualization subject matter experts (SMEs) to support
- development teams as they develop requirements. This includes meeting with the development
- team working on NSF’s Oracle BI tool to answer questions about existing reports as they are
- modified, retired, or transitioned from BI to Tableau and about new reports that NSF would like
- to develop.
- Support NSF’s Product Development Lifecycle (PDLC) and assist in the socialization of this
- process with NSF customers as new analytics work products are developed in all available
- platforms including, but not limited to, Oracle BI, Tableau, and custom Excel tools.
- Assist NSF in times of data system transitions by assisting in the consideration and
- communication of new business processes and the coordination of reporting impacts.
- Provide ad-hoc functional data reporting requests by running reports, analyzing data request
- trends to anticipate agency needs, and training NSF staff to use the various reporting tools at
- their disposal.
- Recommend and build analytic tool prototypes of data analysis and reporting tools/dashboards
- in either the Business Intelligence (BI) platform or the Tableau suite of products.
- Make periodic updates to off-line planning tools until more permanent, automatic solutions are
- Work with NSF product owners to facilitate the creation of corresponding training and
- communication materials to ensure ideal user understanding and adoption of these tools.
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) and Tableau.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Experience working with data governance, data quality, and data security issues, preferably
- within a federal government environment.
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders and executives to understand business requirements
- and how to translate those into technical solutions.
- Ability to explain the short and long-term benefits of process improvements, automations, and
- improved tools to non-technical parties.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks.
RIVA Solutions, Inc. is a rapidly growing provider of Information Technology and Program Support
Services to the United States Federal Government. Headquartered in McLean VA, RIVA has over 450
employees in 24+ states across the US. As we continue to expand our services within Management
Consulting, STEM, Cyber, AI, and Robotic Process Automation, we are looking for highly qualified people
to join and thrive with us. VivaLaRIVA!
RIVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and
sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic
information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.