Our client, a global provider of financial services technology, who are going through an exciting phase of expansion are now looking for a Data Scientist to join the team in Tipperary.
The Data Scientist is a technical expert with deep statistics knowledge who will contribute to the design and implementation of high performance analytics solutions across our Big Data analytics landscape.
What you will be doing:Contribute to the design the next generation analytics platform and services that will support a range of future data driven products.
- Use advanced statistics to deliver accurate measures of the performance of AI in complex systems
- Collaborate with data scientists, developers and product teams to design, building and optimize innovative new products and services.
- Develop and optimize classifiers and recommenders using machine learning techniques, including feature engineering
- Conduct testing and evaluation of models and approaches, suggesting improvements and optimizations as well as exploring alternative approaches.
- Enrich local data with third party sources where available
- Apply best practice data governance, and ensure data is secured in all times and manners.
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Carry out ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Define ways of working so that complex algorithms developed by data science teams can be effectively productionised.
- Initiate and follow through on complex projects of both short and long term duration required
- Work directly with enterprise systems engineering and architects for integration and consolidation.
- Collaborate within the broader organization on both a technology and business level.
- Support keeping teams current with technological developments within the industry
- Provide knowledge transfer associates across the organization
- Collaborate with others and work as part of a team
- Be a role model in terms of behaviours and actions that will proactively and positively support the culture that we are building.
Knowledge & SkillsBachelor’s Degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science, physics or related discipline.
- Master’s or PhD in statistics or other mathematical discipline would be an advantage
- The Data Scientist must a have strong understanding and previous hands-on working knowledge within a large enterprise environment with similar technology landscape as outlined below.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, problem solving, governance and presentation skills
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a technology organisation
- At least 2 years’ experience with advanced statistics.
- Experience of working in high trust, high performing diverse technical teams with a people first mind-set and focus on a positive company culture
- Experience with processing and storage of large, complex data sets to satisfy functional and technical business requirements
- Experience of working with teams operating in an Agile environment
- Able to quickly assess new projects, propose high level solutions, understand project complexity & risks and map required capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of fintech and payments industry would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of software development processes and programming – Python and/or R
- Proficient in relational databases and SQL query development and data manipulation
- Experience with Python data science stack including sci-kit learn, pandas, numpy and tensorflow frameworks and libraries
- Experience with Business intelligence software platforms – Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik
- Experience with Integration of data science solutions into production systems, with appreciation for scalability and robustness of proposed approaches
- Experience with Big Data tools such as Hive, Impala, PySpark, Hadoop
- Appreciation of technical security as it applies to data
Apply now or send your CV to debbie.oneill@Cpl.ie for a confidential discussion.