The Cognitive and Analytics team offers various services relating to AI, machine learning, and advanced analytics to solve IBM clients' critical business problems in different industries
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will lead projects with small teams using tools ranging from IBM proprietary software like Watson to AWS to Azure to open-source frameworks and tools. You will deliver high quality and impactful business solutions, furthering the use of AI at enterprise-level for our clients. You will also work together face to face with clients, supporting our go-to-market team in getting new projects and managing projects.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Help our clients solve AI challenges (Predictive Analytics, Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning & Deep Learning) through active listening and bringing solutions to problems
- Lead analytics projects and manage client's expectations and deliver results
- Monitor the performance of Junior Data Scientists and provide them with practical guidance, as needed, no manager responsibility
- Translate analytical solutions into recommendations
- Build/improve data-driven models using statistical and machine learning techniques
- Advice and guide our clients on how to implement AI at an enterprise level
- Prototype, put to production, integrate machine learning models in business processes and enable automated, intelligent, and data-driven decision making
- Communicate results and ideas to critical decision-makers using effective data visualization techniques
- Write production-level code and build scalable data science pipelines in multi-cloud environments (IBM, Azure, AWS, GCP) or on-prem
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are looking for experienced candidates from all backgrounds with more than 3 years of Data Science experience to become full-time (senior) data scientists.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, proven by previous work and other relevant (online) courses or certifications
- You are curious and eager to learn new technologies and methods continuously
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced and changing environments and contexts
- 3+ years of working experience
- Experience in leading projects and small teams
- Expertise in translating business requirements into a technical framework
- Ability to explain complex analysis to a non-technical audience with your storytelling and data visualization skills
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks and concepts like regression and classification and supervised and unsupervised learning methods
- You have expertise with programming languages such as Python and R
- Practical experience in solving complex challenges using data analysis and modelling
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Applied experience working with deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch or Caffe
- Applied experience with software engineering principles like versioning, CI/CD, packaging and distribution
- Real-world applied experience building KYC (Know Your Customer), and Transaction-Monitoring machine learning models is a plus
- Real-world experience in NLP
- Fluency in Dutch Language would be a plus
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.