Reports to: Customer and Retail Analytics Manager
This position will be responsible to:
Generate actionable analytics and insights and extend it as an integral component of major business change and investment programmes, including customer & loyalty management, and marketing functions.
Proactively support business streams in applying and integrating the right set of metrics, analytics model and visualization into day-to-day processes.
Enhance analytics power with new data, derived insight, tools and training with proper testing and requirement sets.
Work with data scientists to define appropriate benchmarks, KPIs and A/B tests to monitor and improve machine learning models performance.
Ensure quality & data governance policies and processes to uphold security, quality and value of the analytics assets.
Provide data analytics support services to various business partners
- Collaborate with business streams to understand business questions, perform analysis, design visualization of results, and derive analytical models to meet business objectives
- Work with business and data science, to suggest benchmarks, KPIs, A/B tests, to measure the performance of data science models in practical business use cases among the customer journey
- Identify improvement opportunities by monitoring existing metrics and analyzing data
- Develop complex BI solutions including reports, scorecards and dashboards, leveraging data processing and visualisation tools
- Proactive in bringing in new data & insight, support data model design and data definitions to ensure proper integration of internal and external sources and to enable self-service data analysis in the corporate
- Manage enhancements on tools to advance the analytical power, including analytics requirement, testing, prepare training material and delivery
- Train and facilitate business streams to conduct analysis to facilitate day-to-day decision making
- Enforce data governance practices to uphold the value of the data access, within the company and external parties
Tertiary education in Statistics, Information Management, or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years of working experience relating to data analytics, with CRM, marketing, or E-commerce exposure
- Strong analytical abilities, numerate and familiar with statistical algorithms
- Expert in using analytics & query tools e.g. Alteryx and data modelling techniques
- Proficiency in data visualization tools, ideally Qliksense
- Basic knowledge of Python / R is preferred
- Knowledge of AWS cloud analytic service is a plus
- Experience in data governance / agile analytic delivery preferred
- Team player with strong communication & interpersonal skills, able to share effectively across different business streams
- Curious, meticulous, self-motivated and strong continuous improvement mindset
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 December 2021, all employees must be vaccinated in order to access Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.