As a Data Engineer in Supply Data Platform team you will design, develop, and operate data pipelines that form the single source of truth for information regarding Zalando's business processes (Pricing, Availability and Tracking). Critical business decisions are taken based on the data provided by you and your team. Constantly challenging the status quo, you and your team deliver high-performance data processing solutions that are efficient, reliable and scalable.
Most importantly, we value diverse teams, and are looking for smart, skilled team players who love to solve challenging problems for our internal customers.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Design, develop and operate reliable data integration pipelines processing huge data volume to provide high-quality data products.
- Leveraging and improving a cloud-based (AWS) tech stack that includes Databricks Spark, Airflow and Python
- Making a positive impact on our engineering culture, encouraging knowledge sharing, and driving technical discussions and innovation in our engineering community.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A strong understanding of SQL
- Hands-on experience in implementing ETL pipelines based on a latest tech stack (RDBMS, Python, Databricks Spark, Airflow, AWS) and distributed data platforms.
- Knowledge of data modelling techniques for Business Intelligence systems (Star Schema, ROLAP, MOLAP) as well as data analysis skills with SQL and Python.
- Being a true Team player
- Experience of 4+ years in building Data Processing Platforms or Business Intelligence Systems or the willingness to learn.
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 20 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 42 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.