We (Analytical Foundation) are designing and building a Common Data Warehouse to serve the Common Analytical Model to Schibsted’s 45+ brands. We want our users to be able to share, discover and leverage analytical data in a standardised yet autonomous fashion realising our vision:
“Enable all the people in Schibsted to leverage any data in Schibsted”
The CDW Marketplace Teams main focus is to enable user friendly data to Schibsted brands like blocket.se, bilbasen.dk, dba.dk, finn.no, tori.fi and our pan nordic organisation. This, to enable the consumers in the nordics to exchange goods, find jobs and housing in a sustainable, safe and efficient way.
Our users vary, from Data Scientists, Data Analysts and BI Developers to Business Controllers, Product Managers and Corporate management. In short, any person in Schibsted is potentially our customer.
We aim to serve the data we engineer, model and visualise as products. We retrieve our brands data; clean, process and model it for them in a common context to optimise for value capture, both for the business and our users and customers.
Since our responsibilities span over 4 countries and about 10 brands, striving for common ground and scalable approaches will be of grave importance. But also being able to collaborate with people with other roles and responsibilities than yours will be a developing challenge.
We offer you to work with many loved and well-known brands, modern technologies, an open and inclusive culture and many opportunities to develop and learn new things.You will be working with a modern cloud-based tech stack
Who we are looking for
- Backend on AWS (S3, Glue, Athena etc.)
- Data exploration and processing pipelines in Databricks (PySpark)
- User-facing data in Snowflake and Tableau
- CI/CD and infra management using GitHub, TravisCI, Terraform etc.
- Use Airflow to author, schedule and monitor workflows
- You always have the users (data consumers) best interest in mind when enabling and modelling data
- A CI/CD approach to data modelling - Experience from ELT / in database transformation and modelling with tools like DBT
- Have experience from implementing or having Data observability as part of your toolbox to improve data quality and reliability.
- Feel comfortable in both SQL, Python and PySpark
- Have working experience from modelling complex data to make it easy for the data consumers to use
- You want to be a valued team member and enjoy mentoring/coaching your more junior peers
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and can communicate effectively
- You enjoy the challenge of working with different products, brands and teams spread out over different countries
You make sure data you manage creates value - a holistic perspective on the whole data value chain.
You can be decisive and experiment your way towards a good enough solution
You aim to create transparency and understanding of how data changes shape and transforms to give every data consumer the best possible conditions to succeed in their job.From Hiring Manager
Hi, my name is Lukas and I’m your new manager. I have about 15 years of experience from the Data & Analytics field, early on as a Data Analyst and later as a Data & Analytics leader. I’ve been managing different teams in the data and analytics field over the past 8 years.
I believe in building a strong team culture with rituals that create belonging and team spirit, with a high level of feedback culture. The importance of an environment where everyone can feel safe and comfortable and anyone can thrive.
Privately I love to spend a lot of time with my family, preferably in our summer house in the Finnish archipelago or in the mountains snowboarding and skiing. I do spend a lot of time in the gym to keep my body strong and sound to keep on doing what I love, skateboarding and snowboarding. I do pick up my guitar every now and then and love to watch 80’s movies.