At Wallapop we are on a quest to help people with a collaborative economy and to make the world more sustainable by extending the life of products.
Wallapop was founded in 2013. We are the marketplace for second-hand goods in Spain. With more than 8 million searches per day and over 15 million active users each month across Spain with a catalog of several hundreds of millions of products, we exist to empower people to promote a more conscious and human way of consumption. We achieve this by bringing together the scale and simplicity of classifieds with the convenience and the reach of marketplace to create the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
Wallapop takes pride in having an open culture, where every opinion matters and everybody contributes in many different ways; through different internal cross-functional clubs aligning with people’s passions and interests.
We count 26 nationalities within our employee base and we operate in 2 languages: Spanish and English - this makes us pretty fun and special. While in most cases we are not attached to one language or the other, we encourage talent to embrace both languages and be able to operate outside their comfort zone. To ensure success we facilitate group and individual Spanish and English classes as part of our working day.
Our company values are:
We are One Team: Communicative, trusting and inclusive
We Dream & Deliver: Creative, impactful, pragmatic
We Aim for Simplicity: Intentional, uncomplicated, humble
We Learn & Grow: Constructive feedback, curiosity
We organize ourselves into topic teams and embrace agile practices.
As a Product Data Analyst you will be responsible for converting advanced data sets into insights for better decision making. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams of Product Owners, Developers and Designers, in order to identify new product opportunities and to deliver the best possible product solutions for Wallapop from conception to production.
Also, you’ll be part of a growing Analytics team (13 people and counting) reporting to the Product Analytics Manager.
What You Will do
- Understand business, marketing and/or product needs and leverage insights for taking decisions as a primary analyst
- Be the owner in the KPI definition and A/B testing of new product features
- Automate dashboards and reports
- Develop ad-hoc statistical analysis and data exploration
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst, business analyst, product analyst or similar role preferably for a web/mobile company
- Strong statistical knowledge and ability to obtain insights from data: A/B testing, cohort analysis, customer LTV, ROI
- Excellent SQL skills and Business Intelligence and visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Qlikview, etc)
- Experience programming in Python. Knowledge of other programming languages (like R) is also valued
- Proactive and positive attitude, self-organized and an excellent team player
- Communicative and empathic with stakeholders
- Agile and innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Quality driven, attention to detail and pragmatic
What Would Impress Us
- Marketplace industry knowledge/experience
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders around the product department
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our hiring process:
* PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID19 SITUATION ALL INTERVIEWS TAKE PLACE REMOTELY OVER HANGOUTS*
- Intro Call - ran by talent acquisition. It will take 30-45 minutes and will focus on giving you more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience and expectations.
- Take-home test: you will be assigned a test that consists of a practical case to solve and an online coding test assessing your technical skills required for the role, you have up to 5 days to complete both parts.
- Practical interview - ran by the hiring team and relevant stakeholders across other functions. The focus will be on assessing your ability to apply your skillset to the wallapop context.
- Competency Interview - ran by talent acquisition and hiring manager. We will focus on gaining insights and understanding of how you operate in the workplace and your fit to our values. This usually takes 45 min to 1 hour.
- Offer - should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.
What we will offer you
- Flexible working hours
- Reduced hours on Fridays
- Personal learning budget
- English/Spanish lessons
- Encouraging, fun, and team-focused offsite trips twice a year
- Team building activities
- Private Health Insurance (Cigna)
- Gym discounts
- Free office sports classes (currently online weekly classes due to the covid situation)
- Other benefits paid from the gross salary (kindergarten check, food check, transport check).
- Extended maternity/paternity leave
- New born or adoption bonus
- Referral Program & charity donation
- Tax Advice
- Free shipping and bumps plan monthly on the Wallapop product
- As we are currently all working from home for the foreseeable future, Wallapop contributes 30EUR towards your wifi monthly as part of your salary
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your wallahome office