Purpose of Job
We are seeking a hardworking and dedicated Data Scientist-Intermediate Level to work remotely and convene with team members at least 4 times per year.
Within defined guidelines and framework, uses techniques that integrate traditional and non-traditional datasets and method to enable analytical solutions. Applies predictive analytics, machine learning, simulation, and optimization techniques to generate management insights and enable customer-facing applications; participates in building analytical solutions using internal and external applications to deliver value and build competitive advantage. Translates sophisticated analytical and technical concepts to non-technical employees.
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- In partnership with SMEs, learns to define the business problem and works with expert data scientists to select the appropriate model.
- Extracts features from structured and unstructured data (internal and external).
- With mentorship, conducts sophisticated analytics: predictive modeling, Machine Learning, and optimization.
- Works with Data Engineering/IT partners to develop architectures for new products, services and features.
- Explains complex models and outcomes to colleagues who are not data scientists.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 2 years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects.
- Proficient knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills, and abilities towards work products.
- Proficient level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends.
- Strong coding skills in the dominant scripting language (such as Python).
- Deep academic understanding of model assumptions. Solid grasp of statistics and mathematics.
- Proficient knowledge of Data Science principals and experience with data science methodologies.
- Exposure to applying modern advanced analytics methods (predictive modeling, Machine Learning, and optimization) in real world settings.
- Fluency in Python, SQL skills to develop numerical models.
- Worked with Hive in Hadoop, or Spark, or Snowflake.
- Exposure to natural language processing (NLP), or deep learning, or computer vision.
- Work experience related to financial crimes.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $72,900-$131,400.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
- Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.