Do you hate advertising? We do too. Our view is that the advertising business is broken and needs to change, and we are a big part of the answer. Jun Group means truth, and our culture is about openness, honesty and innovation. We work with the largest brands in the world to run advertisements that are 100% opt-in, putting consumers in control and turning the industry on its head.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our machine learning and data science team. This position is full-time and 100% remote with the option of working on-site once it is safe to do so. Jun Group will only consider candidates for this position who are currently legally authorized to work in the United States.
Who you are
- You enjoy collaboration with other teams including product, strategy, and machine learning engineers
- You love solving complex problems and can present sophisticated ideas and data analysis in a way that's easy to understand
- You are a pro at uncovering consumer behavior and campaign performance trends and insights-based strategy through quantitative research methods
- You have a strong ability to think creatively with data, formulate and get traction around new ideas, and bring a different point of view to business and engineering partners
- You're naturally curious and always find a way to contribute
- You're detail-oriented and enjoy analysis and problem-solving
What you'll do
- Work with product and data engineering stakeholders to identify key metrics and opportunities for improving business processes and drive product strategy
- Take on projects end-to-end from business question all the way to production
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytical systems and predictive models
- Design and conduct surveys for market research, audience insights, and machine learning modeling
- Evaluate surveys, methods, and performance to improve future surveys and remove sampling bias
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis and modeling
- Apply quantitative methods including but not limited to descriptive analysis univariate and multivariate tests, statistical modeling etc. to find opportunities to optimize ad campaign performance and audience engagement
- Support the machine learning team in designing machine learning algorithms
- Create data visualizations, reports, dashboards, and data audits
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Advanced quantitative degree in Data Science, Statistics, Psychology, Mathematics, or related field or relevant combination of education or professional experience
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Practical knowledge of research methods, survey methodology, probability, and statistical modeling
- You're comfortable writing SQL and manipulating large, real world datasets in a data warehouse like BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
- You're comfortable working with Python and using popular machine learning tools like Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Understanding of deep learning as well as traditional machine learning algorithms
- Experience with data visualization tools like Datastudio, Looker, Tableau, etc
- Excellent communication and writing skills, in particular, the ability to communicate technical content to a non-technical audience
What we offer
- A highly competitive compensation package
- 401k with company match
- Paid vacation, work from home, and sick days
- Designated time to work on company-related projects you feel strongly about
- Macbook Pros and any other equipment you need to work effectively from home
Learn what our engineering team likes about Jun Group here.
Jun Group is a high-powered, collaborative environment. We are looking for candidates who work well in teams, enjoy learning, and challenge the status quo. We work hard, and we have lives, too. We pay competitively based on experience, and we're open to allowing the right person to learn our industry on the job.
We have excellent perks and benefits, and we welcome diversity and non-traditional paths into all of our roles. We believe in hiring the right person as opposed to the right combination of keywords.