LOCATION: Vancouver, BC, 885 Dunsmuir Street
STATUS: Contract Position with Potential for Staff/Extension
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services throughout Canada. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech employs more than 3,500 experts in Canada who are poised to take on the next challenge. From more than 50 offices across the country, our multidisciplinary teams have capabilities that span the entire project life cycle.
This Vancouver office location specializes in small to mid-sized projects for clients across Canada. The types of clients we work for include:
- Heavy industrial facilities
- Pipelines and refineries
- Mineral processing
- Municipal and utilities
- Water treatment
Tetra Tech is looking for a Data Analyst Consultant with experience in Process Control, Plant Automation, or Building Automation to join our talented Vancouver Team on a part time contract position with a strong probability of extension.
- Perform Cause and Effect Analysis of Industrial Process
- Work with data from multiple sources and data sizes/granularity
- Prepare and present reports and analyses to key stakeholders and other business units
- Perform process modelling
- Perform data analysis and troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, performance, data discrepancies, production issues
- Train and guide the junior engineers in data reporting and analytical skills
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, SOFTWARE & SYSTEMS
- 5+ years in relevant experience as Data Analyst or equivalent role
- Experience in Process Control, Plant Automation, or Building Automation
- Experience with ISA-18.2/IEC 62682 – Alarm Management Life Cycle
- Attention to detail and work ethic for dealing with a variety of data issues
- Demonstrate effective time management skills and the ability to work independently or in a collaborative team environment
- Good disciplinary knowledge in ETL development and writing SQL queries
- Working knowledge of Python and/or Java
- Good disciplinary knowledge in data warehousing concepts and structures (star schema and dimensional modeling)
- Able to effectively communicate with colleagues from Building Automation, Electrical, and Mechanical backgrounds.
- Experience with MS Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio and/or AutoCAD
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Big Data, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or similar formal education
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS
- A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. A copy of a valid work permit may be required.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some Tetra Tech positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Periodic travel within Canada to client sites and regional Tetra Tech offices will be required
- Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing and background checks may be required for our client worksites
- Must be able to adhere to our Office Vaccination & Covid Policies. We will be confirming your eligibility to comply with these requirements.
- Current Working Environment: Hybrid Working Arrangement (In office & work from home)
WHY TETRA TECH
In addition to rewarding job opportunities and continuous growth, we offer an attractive employee package including:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Rewarding retirement savings program
- Professional development opportunities
- Great working location, right in the heart of downtown Vancouver
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; Indigenous persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Stay connected to us:
- Find out more about Tetra Tech Canada
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for the latest news
- Visit our Careers page, and create a profile to receive Job Alerts
- Read our Tetra Tech newsletter to see what we’re doing in your community
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter at: http://www.tetratech.com/careers. We thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.