3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s important that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diverse group of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M Innovation Singapore is certainly a place where you can develop your career.
As DSF Systems/Software/Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with other engineers at 3M Singapore, as well as with 3Mers around the world.
This position can be located at Tuas or Woodlands. The job will require the incumbent to travel to equipment suppliers, manufacturing, and laboratory sites in their assigned area (domestic travel), with occasional international travels to 3M locations.
Here, you will make an impact by:
- Providing/Leading engineering support and services through project organization and execution. Increasing expertise and proficiency in a technical area, including consolidation of skills learned. Establishing and controlling project spending to budget, by specifying and estimating project costs. Assuming responsibility of leading medium/large size engineering projects or participating in larger projects where a team approach is utilized.
- Integrating manufacturing and laboratory business issues/needs into project planning, and presenting project status and results to business partners, suppliers, team members and appropriate management teams.
- Providing systems integration, engineering, project management, and support for application deployments. Technical area includes domain, application, system, networking, hardware, software, security and language. Projects include one or more applications across multiple work centers. Projects also include application deployments in large plants with multiple applications and high complexity.
- Providing software development, database administration, hardware, software, security, and networking support and/or projects for manufacturing data automation and analytics applications along with support services.
- Providing data science and engineering expertise to develop and deploy predictive models in the manufacturing environment.
Required Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from the get-go, 3M is looking for candidates who have the following qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in IT or Electrical/Control /Mechatronics Engineering, from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a private, public, government or military environment, in one or more of the following areas: digital shop floor system/data/software application and deployment, industrial automation, manufacturing engineering, and/or manufacturing technology.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.