Join us as a (Senior) Data Scientist (m/f/d) on a shared journey that matters!
About our team:
You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers and a product owner who closely collaborate to accomplish our mission: gaining a deeper understanding of our ride pooling system and contributing to its optimization.
Our team analyzes and optimizes the core part of MOIA's service from order to delivery, with a special focus on pooling multiple customers in a shared vehicle during their journey. Additionally, we create internal tools that support other teams (e.g., by making the overall system more transparent).
We apply modern, cloud-based engineering practices such as continuous integration and deployment, infrastructure as code, code reviews, and pair programming. We develop most of our software in Python and deploy our code to AWS. More information about work and technologies at MOIA can be found in our engineering blog.
On a typical day, you
- aggregate data from different sources, investigate complex patterns and model (causal) relationships.
- document results and explain your models and findings to business stakeholders.
- interact with different product development teams at MOIA, understand their algorithms and processes, and help them to validate and optimize prototypes and features.
- collaborate with our data engineers and product development teams on exploration tools that help your colleagues from other teams to analyze ride pooling.
We would love to get to know you if you
- have a degree in a quantitative scientific discipline or work experience as a data scientist in a commercial environment.
- have experience in complex analyses on large data sets, developing/applying machine learning methods, or modeling complex systems.
- are proficient in a language like Python/R/Julia. Experience with cloud platforms or bringing models to production is a big plus.
- know how to work with datasets in databases and SQL.
- care about code quality, such as tests, robustness, and reproducibility.
- have experience and fun creating both explanatory and exploratory visualizations of data.
- are an effective communicator and interested in being part of highly autonomous and cross-functional teams.
- can communicate in English fluently (German is not required).
- are comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment and are excited to work in a high-performance team.
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany (currently, EU citizens can work from other EU countries while other cases are checked individually)
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals, mental unload workshops, and company doctor
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Get more insights on how we work on our blog or follow us on Twitter to find out more about our hiring process.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 250 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.