WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Job Title: Data Analyst
Type of Contract: Consultant
Division: CBT – Cash-based Transfers
Duty Station (City, Country): HQ Rome, Italy
Duration: 11 months (renewable)
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNEMENT:
WFP country offices across the world deliver cash-based transfers (CBT) to people in need, working in partnership with Financial Service Providers (FSPs) that include banks and mobile money operators. Cash assistance can also be delivered through WFP’s own platform, SCOPE. One of WFP’s corporate objectives is to increasingly deliver assistance through digital means, providing greater accountability and becoming more efficient and user-friendly for the people we serve.
The CASHboard is a central data analytics tool that the CBT Team built to centrally receive, store, process and analyse digital operational data for the purpose of promoting accountability, controls and making CBT reporting and programming more efficient. The CASHboard consists of multiple dashboards containing user-friendly data visualizations using the Tableau server web interface that allows for data comparisons across countries, regions, and time. Data from WFP’s six corporate systems is extracted, cleaned, and loaded onto the CASHboard daily. When data on CBT operations becomes available in the central system, known as the Data Lake, the CASHboard will align the data structure with the new corporate repository and pull the dataset directly for it.
To help CASHboard grow and ensure its stability as the amount of people who use it increases the CBT Division is recruiting a Data Analyst to be part of its Data Reporting and Analytics team. The Data Analyst would perform joint tasks for the CASHboard and the Data Reporting and Analytics team as required.
- Perform data visualization, making available the key outputs of data analysis and sectorial assessments to WFP decision-makers.
- Develop new dashboards/workbooks and improve responsiveness of the CASHboard analytical tool
- Provide professional reports, dashboards, and presentations with detailed analytical observations supported by data evidence, adopting clear and tactful language due to the sensitive content.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Perform data cleaning, mapping, data organization and analysis and set up regular reporting.
- Perform trend analysis to promote programme effectiveness.
- Present analytical results to business stakeholders, WFP senior management, and external audiences.
- Provide technical specifications to data engineers to implement regular data transformation pipelines for data cleaning, reconciliation, and anomaly checks.
- Collaborate with CBT experts and stakeholders to ensuring consistent and accurate programme information in all internal and external communications
- Work with the CBT stakeholders to understand the requirements and feasibility for new data and visualizations
- Perform any other duties as required by the Data Reporting and Analytics Team.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A bachelor’s/master’s in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or Economics.
Experience as a data analyst and in developing dashboards by extracting information from various platforms
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Business Intelligence, SAP business intelligence)
- Ability to capture and analyze required data.
- Ability to craft analysis independently.
- Ability to communicate with senior management and stakeholders.
- Mature judgement. Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
- Familiarity with WFP corporate data and systems (WINGS, COMET, SCOPE, ORACLE, PIPELINE, Management Plan data) is desirable.
English (fluent). Any other UN languages, a plus.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 18 January 2022
Ref.: VA No. 155463
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil
Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations
system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.