This Position is located in the RMD System Development (SD) Department, responsible for the integration of Software, Hardware, consumables and reagent on Roche Molecular Diagnostic Systems.
As Data Scientist in the SD Product Care team, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team and work on various technical projects on already launched RMD platforms, aiming at solving issues detected internally or reported from the field with the focus on data science.
- Act as Pioneer for data science innovation in RMD System Development Product Care
- Influence the future of data science within RMD System Development Product Care
- Interpret, visualise and present data using Python, R, Tableau to your stakeholders and team members
- Development and support for data driven dashboards for Root cause investigations and other analysis
- Play a key role in familiarising and supporting system engineers in data analysis
- Identify processes that can be optimized or automated data analysis and tool creation incl. validation
- Ad hoc data science projects to support RMD System Development Product Care
- Apply rigor in study design and analytical methods, plan for data processing, design fit for purpose analysis plans as appropriate
- Perform high quality data analysis – ensuring transparency, reproducibility, compliance with applicable procedures and standards and adhering to best practice
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline, such as computer science, physics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or related field, or 3+ years of experience in a relevant role
- Strong knowledge in Python scripting, tableau and other visualisation tools
- Expert knowledge of R including creation of R packages
- Strong interest in and knowledge of computer and data science as well as analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgment
- Passion for the job with high motivation and strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently within a cross-functional team with strong interpersonal abilities
- High levels of organizational skills to sustain momentum in multiple work streams
- Fluent in English, any other languages is a plus
- Experience in the molecular diagnostics industry is not required, but would be a plus